Best Silicon-free Cheap Conditioner (both Rinse-out And Leave-in)?

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi, ladies.

As of 2016 . . .
1. What is the best inexpensive, silicon-free, rinse-out conditioner you know of?
2. What is the best inexpensive, silicon-free, leave-in conditioner you know of?

Edited to add: I also need the conditioner to be paraben-free.

I ask because I'm going try to better implement the Anthony Dickey Method (for wash-and-go's), and the method requires using LOTS and LOTS of conditioner to elongate and weigh the hair down. I don't want to use my GOOD stuff for this. :smile:

Thank you all in advance for your suggestions. Blessings!

Last edited:

MileHighDiva

A+ Hair Care Queen
I don't know anything about the wash n go life. However, the best inexpensive cone free conditioner is GVP Conditioning Balm from Sally Beauty.

That's what I use to co wash the henna out of my hair. Works like a charm. Because it's Sally GVP it's always BOGO or on sale. Plus, it will not be discontinued etc.

ETA: Dupe of Matrix Biolage's Conditioning Balm that they've know renamed Biolage Hydrasource.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I don't know anything about the wash n go life. However, the best inexpensive cone free conditioner is GVP Conditioning Balm from Sally Beauty.

That's what I use to co wash the henna out of my hair. Works like a charm. Because it's Sally GVP it's always BOGO or on sale. Plus, it will not be discontinued etc.

ETA: Dupe of Matrix Biolage's Conditioning Balm that they've know renamed Biolage Hydrasource.

Thanks!

Do you know of a paraben-free one? Parabens can cause cancer, and some countries have banned them. I don't use them. I should have put that in the original post. I'll go back and edit it!

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner, $9/16oz
Shea Moisture Superfruit, $11/13oz
Honest Co Sweet Orange Vanilla, $10/10 oz
Honest Co Lavender, $10/10oz
Giovanni Cherry Blossom, $9/9oz
Giovanni Tea Tree, $7/9oz
Broo Moisturizing Conditioner, $8/9oz
Broo Thickening Conditioner
Broo Invigorating Conditioner
Renpure Argan Oil, $5/16oz
Taliah Waajid Enhancing Herbal Conditioner, $8/8oz
Burt's Bees Mango, $7/10oz
Suave Ocean Breeze, $2/30oz
Suave Rosemary Mint, $3/30 oz
Tresemme Botanique, $5/25oz
Tresemme Perfectly Undone, $5/25oz

Btw, the FDA and the American Cancer Society have both come out and said that parabens do not cause cancer at any level a consumer product could ever contain. Like to the order of a 10000x difference.

ETA: I haven't actually tried any of these and so I don't know how well they do/do not work. But they were all silicone and paraben-free, and under $11 so hopefully OP will find one that works out of this list.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Yes to Carrots Pampering Conditioner, $9/16oz
Shea Moisture Superfruit, $11/13oz
Honest Co Sweet Orange Vanilla, $10/10 oz
Honest Co Lavender, $10/10oz
Giovanni Cherry Blossom, $9/9oz
Giovanni Tea Tree, $7/9oz
Broo Moisturizing Conditioner, $8/9oz
Broo Thickening Conditioner
Broo Invigorating Conditioner
Renpure Argan Oil, $5/16oz
Taliah Waajid Enhancing Herbal Conditioner, $8/8oz
Burt's Bees Mango, $7/10oz
Suave Ocean Breeze, $2/30oz
Suave Rosemary Mint, $3/30 oz
Tresemme Botanique, $5/25oz
Tresemme Perfectly Undone, $5/25oz

Btw, the FDA and the American Cancer Society have both come out and said that parabens do not cause cancer at any level a consumer product could ever contain. Like to the order of a 10000x difference.

ETA: I haven't actually tried any of these and so I don't know how well they do/do not work. But they were all silicone and paraben-free, and under $11 so hopefully OP will find one that works out of this list.

@sarumoki, thank you for taking the time to link everything and provide so many options.

I have never heard of the Broo line and will start with giving the Broo Thickening Conditioner a go.

Since certain illness and breast cancer run in my family, I've been studying sites such as http://www.ewg.org/enviroblog/2014/01/chemicals-should-disappear-cosmetics and avoiding -- for peace of mind -- anything even potentially problematic.

I'm glad that it's okay for people to use parabens if they so choose! Thank you for the info!

ETA: After reading about the Suave Rosemary Mint Conditioner, I'm going to try it. Perfect price for experimenting with the ADM. THANK YOU!

Last edited:

sarumoki

Epicurean Empress
@YvetteWithJoy You're welcome! I have the next three days off from both work and school so I have nothing else to do with my life but LHCF and Netflix.

I'd never heard of Broo either. Apparently their gimmick is that all of their products are made with beer.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
@YvetteWithJoy You're welcome! I have the next three days off from both work and school so I have nothing else to do with my life but LHCF and Netflix.

I'd never heard of Broo either. Apparently their gimmick is that all of their products are made with beer.

Yes. The product sounds awesome. However, I just saw a compelling picture on Amazon of a guy who had an allergic reaction to it. I have the most sensitive skin and nose in the world. I wanted to try the Broo Thickening one because my strands are so fine, and I thought it might help to reduce tangling. I'll pass for now since the Suave is so nicely priced and since that allergic reaction pic is branded into my brain right now. :lol:

My usual conditioner is DevaCurl One Condition. Too expensive to slap gobs of it on the hair just to "see how it works if I use a lot."