Big Chop

nathansgirl1908

So I finally took the plunge and did the big chop. I washed my hair and took a few pics from different angles.

Right now I'm having a hard time figuring out my hair type and trying to find the products that work the best for me. Most of the hair on the back of my head curls up into corkscrews, some loose, some tight. The hair on the front is more frizzy and wiry.

I tried Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercream, and it made my hair feel very sticky and nasty so I washed it out. :nono:

Attachments

• DSCN1228.jpg
    DSCN1228.jpg
    82.5 KB · Views: 240
  • DSCN1212.jpg
    DSCN1212.jpg
    78.4 KB · Views: 232
  • DSCN1214.jpg
    DSCN1214.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 500
  • DSCN1222.jpg
    DSCN1222.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 209

purplepeace79

Congrats on your BC!

I'm not a big fan of MJ's products either. Too much mineral oil and petroleum in them.

Right now I would say just focus on keeping your hair moisturized. Get a moisturizing conditioner and co-wash 2-3 times a week and get a good moisturizer like shea butter mixed with an oil like coconut oil, grapeseed oil, or jojoba oil.

As your hair grows out, it will change, but if you keep it moisturized, it will do well.

MzK

So I finally took the plunge and did the big chop. I washed my hair and took a few pics from different angles.

Right now I'm having a hard time figuring out my hair type and trying to find the products that work the best for me. Most of the hair on the back of my head curls up into corkscrews, some loose, some tight. The hair on the front is more frizzy and wiry.

I tried Miss Jessie's Baby Buttercream, and it made my hair feel very sticky and nasty so I washed it out. :nono:

@ the bolded: though I did my mini-bc by accident, I have more natural hair than relaxed...and I'm in the same boat as you.:ohwell: I think my type is 4a/b, so I dunno what product(s) will work for thick hair like mines...I'm leaning towards KBB or Kinky Curly products. :drunk:

Your BC looks beautiful. HHG!!! :grin::grin::grin::grin::grin:

sunnysmyler

Your hair looks beautiful....try caramocal-joy products, they're all natural, great price, works great on my 3c/4a hair. Right now they have free shipping till Saturday.

Have fun with your hair, there's no, one right way to deal with your hair!

nathansgirl1908

One of the best things about all of this is that my problems with seborrheic dermatitis have gotten WAAAAAAY better. I don't have even CLOSE to the same amount of flaking and irritation that I used to have. :drunk: