Big Occasion anyone?

yuriko

I was just thinking of my plans for my graduation ceremony which is may of next year. I have a lot ideas of how I want to look on that day, I want to be back in my size 4 outfits, I want to have BSL or chasing BSL at least, I want to have clear skin; lets be real, I am going to be taking a lot of pictures that day, and I am sure my mom will blow one up and put it on the wall, lol.

But I guess I have been studying a long time, and will be having a big party and really just want to look spectacular from my skin to my shape, and of course you fellow LHCFer, my Haiiiiiiiiiiiiiir. So every time, i feel like trimming I have to remind myself that graduation is around the corner, and my hair has to look good. So I am cowashing 3x a week, washing once a week, DC 1-2X a week, and plan to get a sew in weave so I can stretch to 16weeks.

So here is my question, is there anyone else here to who getting their hair ready for a big occasion? BTW, I will be getting married in 2010, and want WSL hair by then. If you are preping your hair for a big occasion, please share and tell us what you are doing to get it.

Last edited:
Well I have two Christmas parties to go to in December and I'm having hair dilemna's.. should I blow dry? Should I go natural? I am style-challenged when it comes to my natural hair. Last year it was so short that I didn't even go to the Christmas parties! LOL I know, how bad is that.

I would love a curly up do or something really different.

Yes, I graduate from graduate school May 14, 2009. Therefore I am setting a personal wellness goal, I am chasing BSL for graduation, trying to loose 20lbs and work on getting my skin as clear as possible. I want to look gorgeous for graduation. I mean show stopping, head turning gorgeous. :yep::yep: (Also, it wouldnt hurt for a particular person to see me so he can grovel in the fact that he WISHED he persued me:grin:).

Seriously, this is for ME...to show my hard work, academically, physically and emotionally. I want to make someone very proud of me....MYSELF!!!

Congrats on everything OP!
I would like for my hair to be somewhere between mbl/wsl by May 15th for my b-day.As of right now,I haven't been doing anything special but washing,DC'ing and setting once week.When I go home for break I'll be DC'ing with my pibbs for 30 minutes 2/3 week and eating better for more growth.

Ok so I know yall are going to laugh but.........I am stuck here in Guam without family so I am reinventing me. I want (in 2011) to have my degree (garduate in 2010) and have MBL thick healthy hair. I am pleased with my skin and figure so I just need to maintain. I want to get off the plane and walk through the airport like whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaa. I know I got time but I am on a mission.

Well I have two Christmas parties to go to in December and I'm having hair dilemna's.. should I blow dry? Should I go natural? I am style-challenged when it comes to my natural hair. Last year it was so short that I didn't even go to the Christmas parties! LOL I know, how bad is that.

I would love a curly up do or something really different.
Yes girl, i haven't quite figured out what I am doing with my hair for christmas, will be going back to my home country, and really want to do something nice for all the christmas parties, I am thinking of wearing it down and curly or just wearing it straight, I dont know either, Well I have to get creative too

Yes, I graduate from graduate school May 14, 2009. Therefore I am setting a personal wellness goal, I am chasing BSL for graduation, trying to loose 20lbs and work on getting my skin as clear as possible. I want to look gorgeous for graduation. I mean show stopping, head turning gorgeous. :yep::yep: (Also, it wouldnt hurt for a particular person to see me so he can grovel in the fact that he WISHED he persued me:grin:).

Seriously, this is for ME...to show my hard work, academically, physically and emotionally. I want to make someone very proud of me....MYSELF!!!
Lol, I also have a particular guy that I want to impress at graduation who i haven't seen in the past year. I feel you totally, I got to loose 10 pounds and clear up my skin, I just started microderm last month and my skin is looking good these days. Well lets pull together and look by may '09!!!

Congrats on everything OP!
I would like for my hair to be somewhere between mbl/wsl by May 15th for my b-day.As of right now,I haven't been doing anything special but washing,DC'ing and setting once week.When I go home for break I'll be DC'ing with my pibbs for 30 minutes 2/3 week and eating better for more growth.
Elledoll, your hair is so pretty, If i had your hair, i'd would be ready for graduation tomorrow!! lol, but i will also be DCing with my newly bought hot and gold soft bonnet dryer

I don't really have a milestone coming up but I am getting ready for the holidays, mainly Christmas, my b-day (12/30) and New Years. My goals are to have at least bsl or near bsl hair, and to be 20-30 pounds lighter. What I'm doing to achieve my goals....the "Raw" challenge and I'm taking it one week at a time, and for my hair I've started a new regimen that includes protective styling 99% of the time and Mega-Tek. So hopefully we can all reach our goals.

Yes I have 2 occasions coming up as well! Next month I have my SOs Marine Corps Birthday Ball. I'm already at SL so my hair is geared up for that. Also in 2010 I'm getting married and I know that I'll already be at my goal of APL. I just want it to be a very healthy APL. For both my big issue will be clear skin because I get hormonal breakouts and haven't figured out how to stop them

Back