Bigen users (esp brown) i NEED your help

SoOoNY

Hello ladies, I have just gave myself a touch up and tried to correct the effects of a bleach job that was SUPPOSED to correct my black color. I have read all over about the Bigen in anything darker than chocolate produces black like results (I didnt wanna go there again). So i used the chocolate then did a coor shower... the chocolate did not really take. It left my hair almost exactly the same color. I still have spots of light brown at the roots (some areas they are literally round spots) and My ends are a real dark brown.

So I have two questions...

1) Does anyone use the darker browns? I was looking at the medium Chestnut

and

2) How long do you wait before coloring again. I did it Thurs and wanted to correct it on my next wash...which would either be wed or thurs. Any responses would be greatly appreciated.

TIA

P.s. I have updated my fotki in case you need to see:look:

HeyItsHoney

Are you sure you want to try to correct the color with Bigen again? Its a little drying as is, and two applications in a short time might be really drying. I would try a semi-or demi permanent color instead, and do a swatch first.

I think it would be OK to fix it next wash, since there is no ammonia or peroxide in Bigen.

Last edited:

SoOoNY

Are you sure you want to try to correct the color with Bigen again? Its a little drying as is, and two applications in a short time might be really drying. I would try a semi-or demi permanent color instead, and do a swatch first.

I think it would be OK to fix it next wash, since there is no ammonia or peroxide in Bigen.

Thats what I was thinking but Bigen was never drying for me. I dont use direct heat much and do a DC with castor oil weekly (at least).

Plus I figured it was the safest thing.:ohwell:

ILYandY

I use # 48 Dark Chestnut because I like dark hair but not jet black. I usually dye my hair 2 weeks after my relaxer. I have use the darker shade #58 Black Brown and it blackened my hair so I don't use it.

Bigen hair color is known to darken after being on the hair for a long time so as far as you using the medium chestnut I think you may like the results.

The last time I colored my hair in a short time it was 4 weeks in between and I washed and conditioned my hair with aphogee shampoo for damaged hair and I used 2 min. reconstructor(its a part of my regimen) every week and I was ok.

So I would suggest you prep your hair before dying it again. I don't know if you have a regimen and if you don't you should put one together with the main focus being hair health.

Be patient, don't rush to color it again!