Biotin and MSM question

I am highly intrested in taking Biotin and MSM for a personal hair growth challenge of mine starting a week from today. I have a few questions because I'm totally clueless about these two types of suppliments. How much of each should I be taking? Are there any side effects to taking them? I want to make sure that once I do purchase them, that I'm taking a healthy amount of them both. Your thoughts and opinions are greatly appreciated! Thanks ladies!!!!

AnjelLuvs

well I am taking both supplements,
Biotin -- DRINK LOTS of water because if you dont you will develop lil bumps on your forehead, well at least I did, but it vanished as soon as I increased myt water intake
MSM -- no problems that i have noticed

Did you notice a change in hair growth? If so, how fast is it growing from month to month as opposed to your hair growing without the vitamins?

KansasHalo

I have been taking the MSM in pill form for about the last 2 weeks. I researched it and didn't find any ill side effects listed (your body will only absord what it needs and flush the rest out of your system). I'll post back within a month and let you know what happens. I have noticed that my new growth is silkier and more wavy (a poster in another htread mentioned that this happened to her), but I did just give myself a coconut milk treatment, so that may be it as well.

Drinking lots of water is always good.

AnjelLuvs

well if you look at my second set in my album I illustarte how fast my hair has grown in one year from a halle style till now
I would say I have gotten 4-5 inches since august which is when I started biotin and I started msm since early october