MSM and Biotin

Dolapo

My biotin is finished and im tired of taking so many pills. Which one do you guys think is better? MSM or biotin? Cos im not that eager to go get a new bottle. Is there anyone that has tried both?

I've tried both. In my opinion, biotin seems to speeds up growth, but give your new-growth a texture thats a little coarser. MSM speeds up growth and makes your new-growth softer. For me, biotin seemed to stopped working after a while. I'm taking MSM and I like it.

Last edited:

Nonpareil

I'd stick with the Biotin - for growth and hair health it's the way to go. I had to give up my MSM because it broke my face out really bad - I've heard a lot of similar stories. And as a plus, Biotin has other benefits - skin, health, etc - It's good to focus on your overall body health and well-being, not just the hair IMO

Dolapo: I'm taking between 2-4 mgs of MSM daily.

Biotin gave me breakouts as well, but they didnt last long. Make sure you drink a lot of water!

Dolapo

Mermaid0684 said:
Dolapo: I'm taking between 2-4 mgs of MSM daily.

Biotin gave me breakouts as well, but they didnt last long. Make sure you drink a lot of water!

Im also having problems with drinking lots of water. Im not an avid water drinker. I take a multivitamin with 30 mg of Bition. That should be enough...right? I need some more opinions on this please!!

Last edited:

BAILEYSCREAM

Dolapo said:
Im also having problems with drinking lots of water. Im not an avid water drinker. I take a multivitamin with 30 mg of Bition. That should be enough...right? I need some more opinions on this please!!

Hi Dolapo,

Since you don't like taking lots of vitamins and certainly don't like drinking water, you should take a good multivitamin for overll health and check that it contains all the vitamins that your hair will need for healthy growth too.

You should also check the Recommended Dietary Allowances (RDA) in the supplements facts on the packaging for values.:)

Also, you could take a higher dosage of the vitamin so that you take less tablets.

ETA: MSM and Biotin do different things. MSM is not a vitamin. Biotin is one of the B- vitamins. Both are water soluble.

This link is useful: http://www.vitamin-list.com/

HTH

Last edited: