Biotin needs to die! (vent)

CarLiTa

Ok im happy for you ladies, Candy_C in particular, that Biotin is working for, but JEEZZZZZZ that thing is making me hairy! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ew ew ew, so i'm just sitting at the computer and i don't know, but for some reason, I run my hand over my neck and guess what is there?!?!?! ONE HAIR! one abnormally long hair, about half-a-freakin-inch long!!! :eek:

I KNOW it's Biotin. why? because it's making my body hair grow like crazy and i hate it! :mad:
Last month, i found one of those same hairs on my chest! :eek: and it wasn't there before I started taking Biotin. I plucked that nastiness out, and luckily it hasn't come back and IT BETTER NOT!!!!!

I'm going to pluck that long *** hurr on my neck right off. That's just gross. Watch me start growing some on my chin too, eeewww...

I'm just going to finish that bottle i have. I assume it's going to last me about a week and a half, and i'm NOT buying it anymore. NO THANX :nono:

CarLiTa

Get this!!! i'm only taking TWO mg's!!! imagine if i was taking 10 :eek: i'd be turning into a MAN right now...

it's like this thing has testosterone (sp?) in it or something, making hair grow on weiiierrrd places on females? i'm done with that thing FOR GOOD!

last year it was headaches all the way, and this year it's hairy body? uh NO THANX :mad: :mad: :mad:

bajanplums1

I feel your annoyance and fustration. I quit biotin because I could not deal with the ridiculous facial hair (chin and cheeks). The chin hairs were mad THICK, STRONG and BLACK, like a man's beard but thicker, not just soft fuzz. Pure MSM has serves me better.

shiningstar84

CarLiTa said:
Ok im happy for you ladies, Candy_C in particular, that Biotin is working for, but JEEZZZZZZ that thing is making me hairy! :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

ew ew ew, so i'm just sitting at the computer and i don't know, but for some reason, I run my hand over my neck and guess what is there?!?!?! ONE HAIR! one abnormally long hair, about half-a-freakin-inch long!!! :eek:

I KNOW it's Biotin. why? because it's making my body hair grow like crazy and i hate it! :mad:
Last month, i found one of those same hairs on my chest! :eek: and it wasn't there before I started taking Biotin. I plucked that nastiness out, and luckily it hasn't come back and IT BETTER NOT!!!!!

I'm going to pluck that long *** hurr on my neck right off. That's just gross. Watch me start growing some on my chin too, eeewww...

I'm just going to finish that bottle i have. I assume it's going to last me about a week and a half, and i'm NOT buying it anymore. NO THANX :nono:

lol girl the same thing happened to me, but i grew chin hairs and a mustache:mad:. but i spent too much money on my vitamins, so i will be continuing them and i wont repurchase

wyldcurlz

great now i'm scared! i'm taking 2000 mcg...is that 2gms?

...though, i must shamelessly interject that sprouting hairs in random spots is normal for women (especially after 25.) its a hormonal thing. i too had a neck hair (eeew) long before biotin. but i got that suckered lasered off.

i really don't want to sprout a mustache or goatee or any other body hair, though!!

on the bright side, at least you know your biotin is working. if its growing body hairs - its got to be growing hair on the head too! ;)

cocowhite

I didn't experience hair growth in other areas, but acne was an issue and hey I like growing hair, but I like clear skin better, so they had to go.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
I've said it before but biotin ain't no joke when it comes to sprouting hair in new and different places. Pre-bioitin, I used to go get my facial waxing done once a month, now I can barely hold out 2 weeks before I start looking like Ashanti in those 'before' pictures.

wyldcurlz

okay, you guys are really starting to scare me and now i'm re-thinking my biotin. how much were you all taking to get these side effects? acne and ashanti-like facial hair??

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
wyldcurlz said:
okay, you guys are really starting to scare me and now i'm re-thinking my biotin. how much were you all taking to get these side effects? acne and ashanti-like facial hair??

5,000 mcg daily - Now the upside is that it gives me an extra 1/4 inch of hair growth where it's supposed to actually grow. I stopped taking it for a month (ran out) and noticed when I did my measuring that I was off track. I can deal with the facial hair, because I was waxing before I started taking it, I just have to do it more often now.

cocoberry10

Sorry to hear that Carlita! I haven't noticed hair sprouting in new places. But I have started getting a pimple here and there since taking biotin (it's in my hair, skin, nail vitamin, and I take 6-9 mg/day. I never get pimples, and am always complimented on how clear my skin is and how smooth it is, so now I should be weary of biotin, if it causes breakouts. Thanks for the info!

UmSumayyah

I noticed extra hairiness with hair vitamins as well.
I also noticed that alot of Indian/Pakistani women (even little girls :eek: ) are quite hairy. All that thick, shiny hair doesn't stay confined to their scalps. :lol:

Suri

:lachen: O M G!! This thread is ridiculous. Carlita I am sorry it's not working for you, there are alternatives but that story was hilarous. For starters your hair is LONG! and there are other good vitamins to help maintain that length. Yeah, neck, chest and chin hair....not attractive.

SparklingFlame

I take 5000mcg of Biotin and I noticed pimples. But then, I got mad pimples from being pregnate this time around. So I stopped taking the Biotin to see if the bumps would clear up or slow down and lo and behold, they did not!!! It must just be this baby breaking me out. I will start taking my pills again now because its not making any difference as far as pimples go.

Now for extra hair in parts where they dont belong....nah havent had that happen, thank goodness. I would probably freak out. I havent had hair growing any faster in any other areas either except my hair.

cocoberry10

UmSumayyah said:
I noticed extra hairiness with hair vitamins as well.
I also noticed that alot of Indian/Pakistani women (even little girls :eek: ) are quite hairy. All that thick, shiny hair doesn't stay confined to their scalps. :lol:

That's why they are the masters of threading! But yes, they do have naturally beautiful and shiny hair!

KiniKakes

lwill38 said:
lol girl the same thing happened to me, but i grew chin hairs and a mustache:mad:. but i spent too much money on my vitamins, so i will be continuing them and i wont repurchase

*gasp* Say it aint so. Girl that is so awful. I think if this happened to me I would have to cease my vitamins. The scary thing is that i take so many supplements for hair growth (ie, msm, vitamins, mtg, etc.) that i wouldnt know what had caused this..... so i might have to decrease everything to avoid any more unwanted body hair.

KiniKakes

JCoily said:
Pre-bioitin, I used to go get my facial waxing done once a month, now I can barely hold out 2 weeks before I start looking like Ashanti in those 'before' pictures.

:lachen: :lachen: :lachen: Oh good heavens.

CarLiTa

See, i do not want to do waxing because then it will turn into a continuous thing. i'm thinking maybe i should just take 1mg of Biotin per day or something.

My hair grows fine without it but I wanted to see if I could get that extra boost but get where this extra boost is going: my nails and my body hair and that's really not cute to me AT ALL :mad:

*cringe* :nono: I"m not going beyond 2mg per day, nope nope.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

What biotin are you taking? is it the Puritin Prride.
CarLiTa said:
See, i do not want to do waxing because then it will turn into a continuous thing. i'm thinking maybe i should just take 1mg of Biotin per day or something.

My hair grows fine without it but I wanted to see if I could get that extra boost but get where this extra boost is going: my nails and my body hair and that's really not cute to me AT ALL :mad:

*cringe* :nono: I"m not going beyond 2mg per day, nope nope.

Chromia

wyldcurlz said:
great now i'm scared! i'm taking 2000 mcg...is that 2gms?

...though, i must shamelessly interject that sprouting hairs in random spots is normal for women (especially after 25.) its a hormonal thing. i too had a neck hair (eeew) long before biotin. but i got that suckered lasered off.

i really don't want to sprout a mustache or goatee or any other body hair, though!!

on the bright side, at least you know your biotin is working. if its growing body hairs - its got to be growing hair on the head too! ;)

Wyldcurlz, 2000 mcg = 2 mg.