Birthday Annoucements by Month

Lorraine

This is just a suggestion but I notice less and less people posting birthday wishes to ladies. Perhaps it's the number of posters on that day, frequency of birthdays in one month or even the fact that members don't know that person. Can we make happy birthday announcements (on the Off Topic board) by month and list their names instead of by day?

TIA

Allandra

LorraineG,

It's just a thing that I do when I post a birthday wish. It's just my way of doing my own little shout out. That's all.

sengschick

The Bun Master
[ QUOTE ]
LorraineG said:
This is just a suggestion but I notice less and less people posting birthday wishes to ladies. Perhaps it's the number of posters on that day, frequency of birthdays in one month or even the fact that members don't know that person. Can we make happy birthday announcements (on the Off Topic board) by month and list their names instead of by day?

TIA

[/ QUOTE ]
Great suggestion. I never want anyone to feel slighted, but sometimes you just don't get around to it. I mean sometimes I don't come to OT for days

Nonie

How about pinning the b/day thread...(if pinning doesn't take too much work, that is)? That way we can see it when we come on. Or if the month thing is easier. Pin the b/day list for that month so we can all remember to give our shout-outs.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
I was wondering why my birthday cake thing didn't show up next to my name when my birthday passed.

[/ QUOTE ]
Because you haven't selected for others to 'see' your birthday when viewing your profile. This is why it didn't show up for you or us to see. You'll have to edit your profile and click on 'Show birthday in calendar and profile' for it to show up. HTH!

Lorraine

[ QUOTE ]
Allandra said:
LorraineG,

It's just a thing that I do when I post a birthday wish. It's just my way of doing my own little shout out. That's all.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awww... that's really nice of you and it does make us feel special. Thanks, Allandra.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
LEOLADYSW said:
If I opt to show my birthdate, will it show the year also?

[/ QUOTE ]
It'll calculate and show your age according to the year you put in.

Allandra

[ QUOTE ]
LEOLADYSW said:
Oh, thanks, but I don't want my birthdate on it then.

[/ QUOTE ]
You're welcome. That's cool. It's not a must. It's up to each member.