Black Cellophanes/Rinses and Brown Hair

OneInAMillion

I was thinking about getting a Cellophane in either Black Orchid or Coffee Bean. I want to try jet black hair, but will this rinse out of my hair? Currently, my hair is a medium brown with lighter brown throughout. I want to try jet black hair because it looks so healthy.

Just curious if anyone has put a darker rinse on lighter hair...does it rinse out later? I just want to make sure I like it, and if so, I may use something permanent, like indigo.

Thanks in advance :) .

Allandra

OneInAMillion said:
I was thinking about getting a Cellophane in either Black Orchid or Coffee Bean. I want to try jet black hair, but will this rinse out of my hair? Currently, my hair is a medium brown with lighter brown throughout. I want to try jet black hair because it looks so healthy.

Just curious if anyone has put a darker rinse on lighter hair...does it rinse out later? I just want to make sure I like it, and if so, I may use something permanent, like indigo.

Thanks in advance :) .
Whenever I get a rinse that's darker than my natural hair color, it always rinses out (guessing because it's a rinse). I'm not sure if this is the case with everyone else though.

creolebeauty

I rinsed my brown hair with a black rinse & it stayed black. I called Clairol and they said because I used heat while processing, the rinse permanently stained my hair. She said you have to be careful going more than two shades darker than your natural hair color. Not only was my hair black but it also had a greenish tint in the sun light. It looked terrible. I had to get a corrective color. The stylist mixed several different shades to remove the greenish color. I will never rinse my hair jet black again.

Btw I used Clairol's Jazzing (sp?)

Last edited:

Je Ne Sais Quoi

I used to do a blue-black cellophane and that color lasted forever. If you don't want something (semi)permanent I would stay away.

OneInAMillion

Thanks Allandra :) . You use Colourshines by Sebastian right? I'm hoping that they'll rinse out after a couple of washes and are a little less harsh.

CreoleBeauty: Thanks for your input...this is what I'm afraid of. It's definitely more than a few shades darker than my own color.

Bre~Bre: Thanks! I may have to let it go. I'm just worried about how it will looke on me :). I've always wanted jet black hair, but a friend once told me I would look funny because my eyebrows aren't jet black. They look black to me me though :confused: .

Allandra

OneInAMillion said:
Thanks Allandra :) . You use Colourshines by Sebastian right? I'm hoping that they'll rinse out after a couple of washes and are a little less harsh.
You're welcome.

Yes, I use Sebastian Colourshines. Sometimes I use Clairol Beautiful.

Wishin4BSL

I just got a black rinse and my stylist told me that it will rinse out in 5 to 6 shampoos. I used Young Color.