Was there something wrong with the Black Orchid Cellophane?

J

JenniferMD

For some reason I remember hearing bad reviews of the black orchid cellophane but I can't find the post. Am I just going crazy or something? :lol: I remember reading that it left black stains or something?????

Who's had the black orchid cellophane and liked it? I want to change my hair color to jet black tonight during my salon visit. I want something temporary...anything other than cellophane that's just as safe and a nice jet black color?

Sistaslick

black orchid would leave blue stains. I used it back in the summer, but I washed my hair too often for them to last. I also didn't use gloves the first time so my hands were stained blue for 3 days.:eek: All in all, I used it twice. The first time didn't last b/c I didn't let it process long under the dryer so when I went to wash, I washed pretty much all the color back down the drain:lol: The second time I let it sit for 45 mins under the dryer instead of the 20 the bottle says. It lasted longer that time. I still didn't get the shine that alot of people rave about, but the color was pretty.:)

J

JenniferMD

Thanks Sistaslick! What am I gonna do? Have you heard of any other good jet black rinses. I read some older post and seems like people didn't have sucess with the Jazzy brand either. :(

Sistaslick

oh and I forgot to mention that it turned some of my old highlights on the ends a greenish tint:lol: It wasn't noticeable though, but I've heard a few other forum ladies say this happened to them as well.:ohwell:

qtgirl

Don't use a jet black rinse, if you use Sebastian's Coffee Bean your hair will look black, but it's really a green based DARK brown. It won't leave any stains or at least it didn't when I used it.

J

JenniferMD

Thanks and sistaslick and qtgirl, I'm so frustrated right now. I don't know what I'm going to do.

ThursdayGirl

As I recall, some people thought Black Orchid looked unnaturally dark (in addition to the blue stains). I think a lot of people switched as the other posted said to coffee bean because it looks black but is a little more natural looking. If you are worried about the green base, you could add a red to it to help neutralize the green.

J

JenniferMD

Thanks Thursdaygirl, I've decided to not go to the salon and make it a "at home salon night".

I have no idea what the night will bring to light in the morning but I'm going to the BSS right after work, spend lots of money on too many things and pray I still have all my hair tomorrow. I'll charge up the camera to document my project.

ThursdayGirl

JenniferMD said:
Thanks Thursdaygirl, I've decided to not go to the salon and make it a "at home salon night".

I have no idea what the night will bring to light in the morning but I'm going to the BSS right after work, spend lots of money on too many things and pray I still have all my hair tomorrow. I'll charge up the camera to document my project.

Can't wait to see the pics! Your hair is always so lovely :)

UmSumayyah

Sorry I'm just seeing this. THE Tracy told me that too many people have issues with black orchid and that for the color I wanted (jet black) I should go with another shade. I think it was neutral brown. I should have the info somewhere so let me check.
(I had used black orchid. I got no shine but I did get blue hands and blue water every time I washed my hair).

ETA: I checked and she did recommend the neutral brown.

Last edited:

LABETT

I use black orchid rinse twice last year did not like it (too messy)
I had stained blue hands for days and hated the stains left every time I washed my hair.
I did not notice any great shine either.

BerrySweet

qtgirl said:
Don't use a jet black rinse, if you use Sebastian's Coffee Bean your hair will look black, but it's really a green based DARK brown. It won't leave any stains or at least it didn't when I used it.
I used this color on my hair, and it looks black in my hair. It's a dark dark dark brown. I didn't have any problems with staining on running or anything like that. I did use half a bottle in my head though when I 1st applied it, so for the next wash I was still seein some brown go down the drain, but only a lil. I also got the high shine I'd been craving and a very natural looking black. I'm happy lol. :grin: :grin: