Blow Dryer Vs. Flat Iron

Country gal

what do you think is key in having really silky hair? I recently had my hair done. My hair was blowdryed really straight and flat ironed. Well I did the blow drying at home and had problems getting my hair really straight. I followed it up with the flat iron. My hair feels really soft and looks really thick. I think it would of come off better if I had blowdried it really well.

sylver2

what do you think is key in having really silky hair? I recently had my hair done. My hair was blowdryed really straight and flat ironed. Well I did the blow drying at home and had problems getting my hair really straight. I followed it up with the flat iron. My hair feels really soft and looks really thick. I think it would of come off better if I had blowdried it really well.

umm wht r u doin drying and flat ironing..uh huh..busted:lol:
also u kno this is in product xchange forum

Country gal

umm wht r u doin drying and flat ironing..uh huh..busted:lol:
also u kno this is in product xchange forum

:lachen::lachen: Oh snap. Bust it. My hair feels so good. I swear I feel like it has grown since I had it cut. Hopefully the mods can move this to the hair forum.

Besides, I am following the Sylver hair routine. I only use heat once and I will not comb my hair until wash time again. :grin:

Last edited:

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston

I could be wrong, but think it is the products you use that make you hair silky. Blow drying and flat ironing is a lot of heat. Couldn't you just air dry and flat iron? When I flat iron, which is very rare nowadays, I use a 1" flat iron. Anything bigger than that I can't get close to my roots. Hopefully someone else will chime in and we can both get some advice on how to get that high gloss shine that some of these girls have...

LivingDol1

i get a nice shine from roller setting and doing the saran wrap method... i was just looking at pictures on facebook of pictures other people took of me and well, i must say i had amazing shine! :) i've never gotten shine like that from a blow dryer and flat iron.

Country gal

My natural hair is very kinky curly. So air drying doesn't work for me because it leave my hair too thick and kinky. I guess what I am describing is a smooth finish versus thick look.

dream13

I'm going to have to go with rollersetting, then blow-drying with a roundbrush. Works like a charm :grin:. Flat-ironing leaves my hair stiff and lifeless.

Missi

When I went to the dominicans: they rollerset & blowout and my hair was so silky type 1a hair feel. When I tried it at home: i just used a blow dryer & round brush & got the same results. The downside to that is: even though my hair is thick: after blowin it out: it felt like I had a fresh relaxer (thin to the touch) so what i do now is Rollerset & blowout my roots so I maintain the thickness look & touch while keepin direct heat off my ends

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I'm going to have to go with rollersetting, then blow-drying with a roundbrush. Works like a charm :grin:. Flat-ironing leaves my hair stiff and lifeless.

That's something because my hair is just the opposite. My hair is stiff and lifeless when I rollerset and absolutely full of body when I flat iron. Goes to show that everyone's hair is different.

SoCalli

I honestly don't blow dry my hair well, and I get silky results. I blow-dry my hair on warm. I think the kind of heat tools and heat protectants you use can make or break your silky results. Also, you should deep condition with heat using good quality deep conditioners.

glamazon386

It's the blowdrying and the products. You have to use something to smooth the hair out as you blow dry. I like spray on heat protectants. The serum ones don't do the job for me. But they always help my hair to blow dry more smooth. The straighter you get your hair from the blowdrier, the straighter it'll be once you flat iron it.

Country gal

It's the blowdrying and the products. You have to use something to smooth the hair out as you blow dry. I like spray on heat protectants. The serum ones don't do the job for me. But they always help my hair to blow dry more smooth. The straighter you get your hair from the blowdrier, the straighter it'll be once you flat iron it.

Yep. I couldn't get my hair to get very straight if the blow drying job is not perfected. My stylist blow dried my hair and than flat ironed. It was very silky and had swingability. The lack of products helped.