Who blow dries and skips the flat ironing?

soslychic

hey guys!

My hair is relaxed (well texturized) and I was wanting it straight. I'm gonna try flat ironing, but I was wondering if anyone just blow dries straight. It seems that most blow dry once there hair is 95 percent dry until it's dry and then flat iron. Who just blow dries their hair completely? What products do you use? Does your hair turn out as silky as flat ironing? Is blow drying more/less or equal amount of damage as flat ironing?

Armyqt

My daughter is completely natural. When I press her hair I always let it airdry first. After conditioing, I add a light leave in and plait her hair using unrefined coconut oil. The next day after it dries, I apply the coconut oil to each section and use a flatiron to straighten. Her hair comes out silky smooth.

Personally I wouldn't use the blowdryer becuase it seems as though it just really blows the cutilces upan give you the "big hair" look. If you're looking for sleekness, airdry and then flat irom.
hth

Foxycus02

Listen Id stay Away from both. For straight hair rollerset, sit under a hooded dryer and when youre done wrap your hair. For even straighter smoother style and still much less damage than the methods you stated: rollerset until dry, straighten w/ blow dryer, and then wrap.
A blow dryer on complete wet hair not only fries your hair cuticle, but the pulling and tugging with the brush literally yanks your hair out.
The flat Iron I think is even worst. You are literally frying your hair, have you ever touched a flat iron w/ your finger? Look at what half a second does to your skin! Imagine what its going to do to your hair.