Blow Your ToP !!

G

I mean Roots...

I hear alot of people here talking about Blowing Your Roots straight, I trying to figure how this is done. I have a blow dryer with a comb attachment and it's kinda hard to not pull all the way through. Is this how it's done or do you not use the comb attachment and just concentrate the heat til the roots are dry? I would think that would be to hot on the scalp.

TIA -

I never blowed dried my roots on my own but my hair dresser used one of those small round brush along with the blow dryer. If you don't know how to manuver the brush and blow dryer, you can end up with a lot of broken hairs. Try getting it done in a Dominican salon and look at their technique then practice at home. As for using a comb attachement on your blow dryer....I woudn't try it because it can get stuck or tangled up in with the rest of your hair.

I also forgot to mention that the hair is usually roller set under a hood dryer and once the hair is completely dry, the roots are straighten with the round brush and blow dryer

Thanks, Moisy.

I sure don't know how to use those round brushes.

Mindymouse,

There's a few posts on this web site about blowing the roots straight. Try doing a search to find them. If I find them, I will bump them up.

I just had this done yesterday for the very first time. I had a rollarset done at a Dominican salon and then I had just the roots blow dried straight, then the hair was wrapped.

Good to do if you want that that just had a touch up look so its straight from root to tip without damaging fragile ends.

i used to get this done at the dominican salon, but it caused breakage at the roots at the line of demarcation as they were furiously blowdrying
mad.gif
whip.gif
so i gave it up and just get a regular rollerset with minimal manipulation.

Back