Blowdrying question!

hunnybunny81

I haven't used a blow dryer in about 3 years, and was curious to know for those of you who do use them, what do you use before you blowdry on your wet hair? Also do you use a comb attachment or a brush? do you dry when its wet, damp? Do you section it? Do you lose a lot of hair when you blow dry?

Basically I want to try blow drying my hair before I flat iron, normally I air dry but I want to see if there my flat iron results come out better if I use the blow dryer....

karezone

I use my regular leave ins and a comb attachment on damp hair. I leave my hair in the towel for a few minutes after rinsing out the conditioner.

Recently there was a thread about blowdrying on cool or warm if you plan on flat ironing afterwards and getting good results. This is what I have been trying to do.

MysTori

Hi!

I CO-wash and blowdry (w/ comb attachment) my hair almost everyday. While it's still wet, I spray diluted curl activator mixed with EEVO(Extra Virgin Olive Oil) all over my hair and ends liberally. Then I put some EEVO in the palm of my hands and smooth all over my hair, esp. the ends. THEN, I take regular hair grease and smooth in the palm of my hands and spread all over my hair, never my scalp. The grease coats my hair and helps me to retain all of the moisture. Next, I blowdry 3/4 the length of the hair from the roots down, leaving the ends wet. Once I'm finished, I quickly blowdry the ends. Afterwards, I rub a little more EVOO all over my hair with extra oil on the ends. No, my hair never has a greasy feel afterwards.

It sounds like a lot BUT I can't count on 1 hand how many hairs shed/break from this procedure, not to mention my hair is extra soft, thick and moisturized for the entire day. I have type 4 hair.

I hope it's not too much info.:)

t9

Last edited:

HoneyDew

I blow dry with a mix of silicones (Dimethicone & Cyclomethicone) and hemp seed oil that I mixed myself.

Sometimes, I like Keracare's Silken seal on my ends because it is thicker, but I have been using Botanisil that I got from http://www.snowdriftfarm.com/siliconeoils.html.

It is the same thing but cheaper!!

I blowdry with the comb attachment and then lightly flatiron w/o any additional product needed.

My hair stays moisturized for 2-3 days.

secretdiamond

bumping..... I haven't used a blowdryer in soooo long, but b4 my next relaxer, I definitely have to whip it out.... I don't even want to think about what it will be like parting and applying a relaxer with airdried hair and roots! No, no, no.