Bobby Pin/Hair Pin Styles thread

HeChangedMyName

I am at the point where I have enough length to need to protect my ends from friction, but not enough length for a juicy bun. I know there may be others with the same problem.

My hair also doesn't like pony tails, even with elastic instead of rubber bands, ouchless, soaked in oil or whatever, my hair breaks. I have a lot of volume of hair, but my hair is quite thin. I don't think I'm the only one with funny hair like that.

Anywhoo, I wonder if anyone can post pics of styles that use hair pins/bobby pins as oppose to banding of any sort. I'm having a hair styling creative block and can't figure out what to do. I am quickly tiring of the braidout and the rollerset.

Please post pictures of good protective styles that require pins. Thanks in advance. :yep:

Well at the point Your hair is at, its sort of an in between stage, so you may need to do some phoney bunning until it is long enough to use your own hair.

Last edited:
Here are some for you to consider....

updo3hz8.jpg

This is one of my faves, YT tutorial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7HwsCMGCvw

p1090078lk9.jpg

p1090077ic5.jpg

p1090074ra4.jpg

p1090073mu7.jpg

Some more...

p1090062dr7.jpg

p1090057vd0.jpg

p1080745bn2.jpg

p1080749sq4.jpg

angelabassett3ri4.jpg

OMG thank you for this thread my hair is lookin like who dun it and why today

I will go home and rollerset and try

those styles are super cute arr1216

I might go get some phony bunnies this weekend or next. I hate them but I might have to do it if I want to grow enough hair for my own bun.

Back