Bonding glue for weaves, am I the only one?

AmyInAtl

-I am sooooooo tempted to glue/bond my hair.
-I want a 12 inch weave, sorta like in my avatar, yep, yep.....
-I used to use glue back in the day, without a problem.
-I would glue in the hair, while my head/scalp, was oiled to the max.
When it was time to poo out, I'd use hot (tempperature) oil, hot water and good moisturizing shampoo, and it would just slide out.
-Anyone bonding out there?????????

Nooooooooooooo dont do it. :nono: The glue is not healthy for your hair or scalp.
Alternative= Wigcap,wig,sew-in or fall

please dont do it.

I did it about 6 months ago... nice 14 inch weave parted down the middle.. got so many compliments. Took extra caution taking it out I used the remover and the special shampoo.

Still had breakage and shedding... please dont do it..

i had a sew in with glue in the front. the parts that were sewn in thrived, the parts with glue sucked and they broke off.... DONT DO IT

i'm sold, no glue for this head, i've come too far, those 14 inch weaves look so good, ok, just thought i'd dream for a minute, back to my bunning till bra strap challenge, thx ladies, almost fell off the wagon there, lol:lol:

SophiaRose said:
-I am sooooooo tempted to glue/bond my hair.
-I want a 12 inch weave, sorta like in my avatar, yep, yep.....
-I used to use glue back in the day, without a problem.
-I would glue in the hair, while my head/scalp, was oiled to the max.
When it was time to poo out, I'd use hot (tempperature) oil, hot water and good moisturizing shampoo, and it would just slide out.
-Anyone bonding out there?????????

No. I refuse to use that god awful glue. :nono: but if you have to use it, why don't you use the Liquid Gold glue? I hear that's better than that regular latex glue.

STOP!!!

DON'T DO IT!!!

:p :p :p :p :p :p

Drama and emphasise needed!!!

I'm still suffering from the damage of a bonded weave, like you I thought it would be aight cuz i've done it before with apparently no problems, I ended up having to cut above the hair :eek: :eek: glue because it got stuck on my hair and I wasn't able to get it all out, with all the oil, shampoo etc I used. Dont waste your progress

i take it that all these bad responses are relating to the latex glue. back when i used liquid gold, the remover that came with it got all the glue out and i had no problems with it. latex glue on the other hand was like melted rubber band in my hair. disgusting. what made my hair break wasnt the glue, it was having it open all the time and flatironing every day to make it blend.

Back