hair weaving-bonding method

kitten73

I know, I know! this is the worse way to weave hair but I just spent $80 on a wig that I can't wear yet and I really want to go cheap for now. Before I commit to a sew in that is going to cost me an arm and a leg here in NY, i figure I would glue in one to see how I like it first. My hair is also very short right now and I think it would be better for me to wait until i have a few more inches to braid for a sew in. I am thinking a glue in will blend well. I would like some advice though, I am going to do this myself, i have glued in a few tracks in the past but never a full head. I want a deep wavy hair so any reccomendations will be appreciated. any good brands that you know of? I also need a good bonding glue, is Natty still the best? When i take it out after two weeks, I plan on using olive oil and conditioner to remove the tracks. I will then treat my hair with nexxus emergencee afterwards to ward off any breakage. I have never had any trouble in the past with glue but it has beeen year so i wanted to come to the experts for pointers.

jadestar

Please do not glue your whole head!!!:nono:

If your hair is really short and you can not braid it, try to find someone who can braid it for you cheaply, then do the sew-in yourself.

jadestar

Oh, I just thought of something. I know a girl who puts a stocking cap on her head, and glues tracks to the stocking. You'll still get a bit of glue on your head, but it has to be at least a little less damaging.

kitten73

I think I may go to 125 tomorrow (in harlem, NY) since that is where all the african braiders are and see how much they will charge. they can usually catch very short hair. i met someone who had micro braids all around her hair edge and in the middle it was all weaved in tracks. that is what i really want.