Bonding glue- is it really that bad?

Penspringz

After watching a couple of videos on Youtube I decided to try gluing in some tracks and was so impressed at how easy and natural looking it is. I previously would pay £8 per track to a hair stylist to sew in tracks in my hair but I noticed that my hair started to break. This was probably because the braids were tight but they had to be in order for them to last and for me to get my moneys worth!

Anyway, I like the idea of being able to glue in my own tracks and am thinking that I won't sew them in anymore but I hear a lot of people say that glue is damaging. Why? Ateyaaa on youtube does it with no problems.

How can I reduce potential damage for using glue?

It all boils down to how you remove it.
You cannot rush removal...that's what causes damage.

Bonding glue is not evil.

I used to use glue all the time. I haven't done weave in a long time though. As long as you dont use too much glue and you remove it properly there should be no problems.

You have to use a good amount of bond remover and take your time when removing it . Once the tracks are out of your hair you have apply more remover and gently work the excess glue out of your hair with a fine tooth comb.
You actually need a lot less glue than you think. Using too much can cause problems when you go to take it out.
I love bonded weaves. I think the look the most natural. Youve got me in the mood for one. Might do it this weekend.

ah great thanks ladies. I plan to remove after about 2 weeks. I will be sure to take my time when removing the tracks. I think I may have used too much glue this time roung but I know for next time. Can I still wash my hair with tracks in it?

I used to use bonding glue sometimes. I think that, like the other ladies said, if you remove it properly with oil/ shampoo made specifically for bonding glue-removal, you probably won't have a problem.

For me, personally, I wouldn't do it anymore just because the risk of a setback is still there if even a few hairs come out with the glue.

Back