Bored with your bun-Lots of PS styles for everyday

ChristmasCarol

Tried this one today - since my hair's much thicker than hers, I used more rows of braids: http://www.youtube.com/user/lilithedarkmoon?feature=g-all-c#p/u/35/bZ-a94bzwA8

I'll be doing a different style from the Youtube tutorials each day, so if anyone would like to see them, they will be posted in the stickie thread "Everyday Hair, the Pretty, Nappy, Crazy..."

Hope to see some of you gals' versions of the styles in the tutoritals. If anyone posts them in a thread :prettyplease: tag me!

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
Tried this one today - since my hair's much thicker than hers, I used more rows of braids: http://www.youtube.com/user/lilithedarkmoon?feature=g-all-c#p/u/35/bZ-a94bzwA8

I'll be doing a different style from the Youtube tutorials each day, so if anyone would like to see them, they will be posted in the stickie thread "Everyday Hair, the Pretty, Nappy, Crazy..."

Hope to see some of you gals' versions of the styles in the tutoritals. If anyone posts them in a thread :prettyplease: tag me!

Your hair looks much better than hers. The thickness and texture set it off.

FindingMe

subbing this thread! Thanks, Op and others for adding these useful tutorials. I need to get better with my bunning in twenty-twelve...

Lucia

I 2nd that your hair does look better in this style than the YT ber
I guess thickness works wonders
I've got to figure this one out cause I want to do this style ASAP

Cherokee-n-Black

I really thought all of these were helpful. Even if I can't use all, definitely giving me great ideas. I think the "messy bun" is really the same concept as the first style in the first vid for the white girl, just a little variation. I think I might leave a comment on the first girls page to redo the "young" looking styles in the sleeker version the "older" looks, just to see, would be nice.

I should do a tutorial on my four-pin bun on natural hair (now that I actually did one for my interview). I didn't think it would work, but it did. It really works on different textures and you don't need too much length (I know that now. LOL)

AJellyCake

Great thread, OP! I'd never seen some of these YouTubers before.

I think this style is soooo pretty and classy. It would look amazing with a suit (especially a sleek navy pantsuit, white button-up--FIYAH! :spinning:). I will definitely try it the next time I straighten my hair. I'm transitioning, so I don't know how my curly roots would work with this without straightening them. I'll try it though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PCopp3wHTww&feature=relmfu

I think this one would look better on curly hair. I will try this one (maybe for a twistout): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yZgOOO-CNs&feature=relmfu.

sipp100 This is beautiful! I'm going to try this instead of my boring regular bun! :)

To do:

1. Make a ponytail
2. Divide ponytail into 2 parts
3. Pin 1 part out of the way
4. Divide remaining tail into 2 parts
5. Twist 1 part until it winds down onto head (kinda like a pin curl) and pin
6. Repeat with next part
7. Unpin remaining hair
8. Split into 2 parts
9. Twist/wind and pin part 1
10. Twist/wind and pin part 2

Finished!

eta:
Lucia found the link - Thanks!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jb1jh-Wv2wg&feature=BFa&list=WL5B8C0E13E186B26B&lf=mh_lolz

jayjaycurlz

I really thought all of these were helpful. Even if I can't use all, definitely giving me great ideas. I think the "messy bun" is really the same concept as the first style in the first vid for the white girl, just a little variation. I think I might leave a comment on the first girls page to redo the "young" looking styles in the sleeker version the "older" looks, just to see, would be nice.

I should do a tutorial on my four-pin bun on natural hair (now that I actually did one for my interview). I didn't think it would work, but it did. It really works on different textures and you don't need too much length (I know that now. LOL)

Yes, please share a tutorial on your four-pin bun! :grin:

wavezncurlz

LHCF addict
A simple twist updo that I do often in the morning.

Pic 1: Start with a ponytail that is twisted or braided
Pic 2: Take a hair stick and twirl it around the twist or use a barrette.
Pic 3: Slide the stick down until it's tight. You can spread the twist until it's fatter for a thicker appearance.
Rest of Pictures are variations of the final look - spread out vs. not spread out.

Attachments

• twist bun 1.23.12.jpg
    twist bun 1.23.12.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 61
  • twist bun 2 1.23.12.jpg
    twist bun 2 1.23.12.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 63
  • twist bun 3 1.23.12.jpg
    twist bun 3 1.23.12.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 60
  • twist bun 6 1.23.12.jpg
    twist bun 6 1.23.12.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 58
  • twist bun 5 1.23.12.jpg
    twist bun 5 1.23.12.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 48

dyamonds10

A simple twist updo that I do often in the morning.

Pic 1: Start with a ponytail that is twisted or braided
Pic 2: Take a hair stick and twirl it around the twist or use a barrette.
Pic 3: Slide the stick down until it's tight. You can spread the twist until it's fatter for a thicker appearance.
Rest of Pictures are variations of the final look - spread out vs. not spread out.

Very Pretty!

hannan

I've had this bookmarked on my computer. Sucky thing about it is that most of them don't explain how to do the style but I guess we can always try, right? :lol: Sorry if it's been posted already!

~~~ 101 PROTECTIVE Styles ~~~

I forgot I had this there but I'll definitely need to start using some of them! :lol:

Iluvsmuhgrass

I love this thread. My longest layer (stretched) is nearing apl and my shortest is at my ears. I think if you use your imagination, you can tweak and OWN some of these styles. :yep: Regardless of hair length (#fakeittilyoumakeit)

ChristmasCarol

I love this thread. My longest layer (stretched) is nearing apl and my shortest is at my ears. I think if you use your imagination, you can tweak and OWN some of these styles. :yep: Regardless of hair length (#fakeittilyoumakeit)

Iluvsmuhgrass

Exactly! I watch bun gurus who have HL/TBL hair and there's no way I can do those styles the same way with BSL hair, so I just make adjustments until I can get a similar look using the length I have. :yep:

Cherokee-n-Black

jayjaycurlz, I'll see what I can do. It's so simple and it's probably been done on here under a different name, but everytime I open a bun thread, it's something complicated that I would never even think to do! :lol:

jayjaycurlz - Done! It's pretty bad LOL, choppy editing, but easy style. There's a lot of stuff I left out, like the fact that if you have shorter or thinner hair, this bun gives the illusion of a full bun, and that sometimes if you have short pieces (and aren't natural) you may need some supplemental pins to keep them down, just depending on your length. In any event it works for relaxed, natural, and in between (I've tried it all three ways).

http://youtu.be/lLxCmg4RbZo there's also a follow-up, but I realize I accidentally edited out the part about hiding the pins that show. I may have to do another one. Sorry! LOL