Boundless tresses when wearing a weave

LondonDiva

I'm planning on doing a weave in 2 weeks, now I cornrow from front to back vertically and sew the tracks in horizontally. I don't want to pass up using my BT during this time, does anyone who wears a weave still able to use it with no problem. To me this seems like it maybe a bit tricky.

nycutiepie

I have in a weave done by RabiaElaine :)kiss:) and I've been using BT. My cornrows are just as you described (vertical with tracks sewn horizontal). I transferred it to a bottle with a more pointy tip and I can get in between. It's going to be somewhat of a struggle when the weave is fresh, but as your hair grows out it gets easier. Try to remember that the hair is cornrowed vertically, even though you will have to separate track by track horizontally, when applying. Your goal is to get it on your scalp and not the track. After I apply the BT, I spray on my moisture (braid spray), in order to avoid the sulfur drying out the tracks. It's kind of tedious and I have to use 2 mirrors, so I haven't been using it as much other than on my edges. HTH!

Sincerely_Ciara

I have a quik question...
I do my own weaves as well and I've never tried the vertical braids technique. My question is what do you do to the ends of the braids?

Thanks, Ciara

Suerte

I have a sew in currently and I just squeeze between the braids and massage in with my index finger.

As for the post right above me... if you braid up and down in all one braid (instead of a bunch of individual straight back braids...that might be easier. Then just sew the one hanging end down.

Someone else did mine, I can't cornrow, so I don't know if that is feasible on your own head.

anahnamuslyyours

I hope my BT gets here soon so that I can try using it too while I have my weave in. In the mean time, I guess I'll juss have to remember to drink my MSM daily instead of 5 days a week.