Installing a full head weave: Cornrowing vertically

FtrDrO

I'm currently transitioning and want to try a full head weave as a protective style. But I notice most of the fotki's and tutorials I've seen with vertical cornrowing leave some of the hair out in the front. Has anyone done a full head weave, cornrowing all of your hair vertically?
What direction would you sew the weave towards the front? And has anyone had problems with their edges in the front this way?

Ive read that cornrowing vertically and sewing horizontally is the best for your hair because of the even distribution of weight. That's why I wanted to do it this way. If anyone has any suggestions on maintaining the health of my hair but sewing/cornrowing it in a different pattern, please let me know. Thanks!

lovepeacesoul

i sew the tracks on horizontally (like you said) and braid vertically. In order to make sure that there's not too much stress on my edges i add some synthetic hair to the cornrows.... but not so much that it causes bulky bumps underneath the weave.

when u get to the front, you might need to use a closure. I dont know much about these because I usually leave bangs out in the front of my weaves (see my fotki)

anywho... happy sewing! :grin:

longhairdreamzz

If you do it vertically you'll have less breakage...Anytime I put weave in my hair...I always braid vertically...plus it's so much easier to do...:yep: