boy, i'm glad blowouts only cost $20...

swirl

IG: rhonda_hair
cause my hair looks like crap today! the heat and humidity did a number on my do. back to wet buns and twists for me! what are y'all doing to combat the humidity?

Girl i've been wanting to get another blowout but didn't for this very same reason. As far as the humidity goes I just accept it. I usually wear braidouts so I don't mind if my hair gets bigger. Ponytails are also a fav of mine during the summer.

I'm definitely sticking to braidouts and buns! Humidity is off the hook! I'll go once during the summer for a relaxer and trim but I'll ride in an air conditioned car and go early in the am AND make sure their A/C is on when I get there! :grin:

sweetpeadst said:
Yall northener's don't know a thing about humidity!!

Girl, ain't that the truth. Even if there were Dominican salons around here, it would be a waste of money to get a blow out, cuz soon as you hit the door...reversion. That's why I just wear my hair curly or air dried straight, because there is no point in flat-ironing/blow drying my roots!

Actually I got blow outs a LOT last summer and the summer before and was able to have them last a week or two (I'm natural). The key is to pop that hat on as soon as you walk out the door and wear it at ALL times outdoors--kinda annoying I guess but you gotta do it to preserve the style. :)

I got a blowout on Saturday, yesterday I had to condition wash because the humidity made it a flat mess. I finally figured out how to use the Flexi rods and I found a new style I can wear for the summer. I was going to relax my have this Sunday but I think I'm going to wait until July or August.

Back