BRAID-OUT QUESTION

Mertzy

I cowashed, did a braid out, and air dried for the first time ever. My braid out looks decent, but i'm sure it is capable of looking better. I was wondering if anyone can suggest a product that I can use so that my waves look more defined and not so dry looking? I used Herbal Essence Long Term Relationship. It did moisturize my hair , but it is fuzzy looking in some spots. I've heard of a product on here called Miss Jessies Curly pudding, but I'm not sure if that only works best for natural curls as oppesed to relaxed heads like myself. Any suggestions on what I can use?

*closer*2*my*dreams*

Well I just did a twistout and I used Redken Butter Treat (For a leave-in) and an oil mix (WGO, Neem, and Vatika). My hair was soft and shiny after I air-dryed and it lasted all day. I sleep kind of wild and so this morning it was not as cute, but it was manageable, definitely still had softness and shine to it.

Pandora1975

Try adding an alcohol free gel, or, and in light of recent developments I hate to admit this, I get good hold from Garnier Fructis Fibre Gum. I'm transitioning, but my ends which are still straight hold well with this method.

LovingMe87

Thanks for posting this! I have the same problem whenever I do my braidouts on wet hair! I use my normal moisturizer and oil so you'd think it will make it soft. hopefully we get more responses!

unalteredone

I used HairOne Cleasning Conditioner as a leave in with some coconut oil and i had the softest, shiniest, most defined braidout ever.

cookie1

When I do my braids-outs they usually look decent day 1 but, like I'm rocking a natural afterwards. When I use Cholesterol Shea Butter plus and castor oil my braid out looks more like waves, luscious, hydrated and they last 3 days w/o me rebraiding..Try it because the Cholesterol SB plus is very cheap and has no protein so is great as a leave-in and even better for moisturizing.

Simply_Kelz

^^Fantasia IC, I believe.

For braidouts, I usually use whatever conditioner I cowashed with, and some coconut oil, and it rarely comes out frizzy unless I mess with it too much.

ceebee3

I've used a leave in moisturizer and I applied an anti-frizz cream on top of that, John Frieda or Loreal's new one (don't remember the name right now). I also sealed with coconut oil and the braid out waves were defined and moisturized with no frizz.

taz007

I just used the Joico Serum, based on a recommendation from Shtow, and wow :love: what a difference.

My hair is VERY coarse and always feels hard.... until now. Joico all the way!!!

Here is a pic:

FindingMe

^^Fantasia IC, I believe.

For braidouts, I usually use whatever conditioner I cowashed with, and some coconut oil, and it rarely comes out frizzy unless I mess with it too much.

I agree. Also my braids/twists have to be 110% dry or they will frizz in those spots, no exceptions.

snillohsss

I use Hairveda Almond Glaze.

It gives me soft braidouts that are DEFINED, and not hard. People all think my hair is naturally curly like that.

silkii_locks

I agree. Also my braids/twists have to be 110% dry or they will frizz in those spots, no exceptions.

I can not stress enough how true this is. A braidout out has to be completely dry before styling or there will be less defition and frizz city.

I treat my braidouts just like a roller set. I apply a good moisturizing leave in, my choice is Rusk Smoother. I then apply my wrap foam, preferbly Kera Care but I havn't been able to get my hands on any lately so I'm now using Mizani and then I apply my serum which could be CHI, PM skinny serum, or Joico Smooth Results Serum.

Then I do 3 corn rows straight back. Sometimes I will split each section horizontally and end up with 6 braids, but I always do them going straight back. Hope This Helps! :yep:

SEMO

I like Cantu Shea Butter leave-in repair cream. It really helps to smooth my hair and allow it to be more defined. I also really like Texture My Way Curl Keeper (even more than the Cantu really).

silkii_locks

I like Cantu Shea Butter leave-in repair cream. It really helps to smooth my hair and allow it to be more defined. I also really like Texture My Way Curl Keeper (even more than the Cantu really).

Totally off topic, but your hair is amazing! Mopping up the drool as we speak. :blush:

1god1

Note: I have not read the replies, but I would suggest any type of hair gloss.....not the spray, but the clear gloss you put in your hand.

lilsparkle825

My best ones have come from cowashing with Herbal Essences Hello Hydration, adding my leave-in, and making flat twists or cornrows, about 5 large ones.

A good alcohol free gel is AV gel; I go the extra step and use Lily of the Valley AV Gelly. I loves it.