Help me and my fuzzy braid out!!!

Tylers-mom

I love love love my braid outs...been wearing them for many years now and they've always been perfect:wallbash: . So now that I decide to transition I'm having problems!! My hair has approximately 2-3 inches of natural new growth, 4-5 inches of texlaxed hair and 3-4 inches of straggly relaxed ends :lachen:. So here's the problem....the natural part of my hair is so fuzzy with my braid outs!! I've always done them on air dried hair, which I then wet with my spray bottle. Sometimes I'll use a bit of gel or Kinky curly. I do about 4-5 plaits. Please help me...what am I doing wrong?? I want more defined waves....:yep:. I've attached pics of my fro today....

Attachments

• Fuzzy braid out 8.10.jpg
    Fuzzy braid out 8.10.jpg
    16.5 KB · Views: 108
  • fuzzy braid out 2 8.10.jpg
    fuzzy braid out 2 8.10.jpg
    18.1 KB · Views: 102

bimtheduck

There's a member who does braid out w curlformers and they looked pretty good. I'll find the link and post it for you.

Barbie83

How loose are your twists? And how long do you leave them in for? Maybe try twisting right when you get home in the evening, so your hair has maximum time to set. And mousse works well too :yep:

Janet'

I'm battling with my own braid outs right now so I have no advice, but I would like to say how thick and pretty your hair is!

Tylers-mom

How loose are your twists? And how long do you leave them in for? Maybe try twisting right when you get home in the evening, so your hair has maximum time to set. And mousse works well too :yep:

Hey...this is not a twist out-it's a fresh braid out from last night. I'm going to try the mousse!! Thank you! BTW...your hair is beautiful :yep:

Jazzlyric

Try smaller braids . I am transtioning and I tried smaller braids and it worked. My avatar is a braidout .

Last edited:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Hey Tylers-mom.

No advice - just wanted to say, your hair is gorgeous and you are only two towns away from me :).

naturalgyrl5199

Try smaller braids...I did some braids on Sunday and took them out today and they came out better....
I put some leave in just on the ends because they frizz and that also helped too. Tomorrow is going to be the big test, cause day 2 braid outs are iffy. I have done good with a day 2 twist-out but only if I do the twists smaller....I amy put a few braids in tonight just to keep it neat for tomorrow.

rosieposey

Your hair is pretty!!!

Anywhoo I have been natural for 2 years and NOTHING keeps my hair from the least bit frizzing. I do get less frizz during winter months.Even less when I do a braidout on blow dryed or straightened hair. This past wknd was 90+ degrees. I wore a braid out and my hair was braided for about 8-10 hrs...about an hour later *poof* My hair turned into an afro all on its own...I'm just learning to accept it as is. lol

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
I have 3c/4a hair, so its pretty easy for me to get the right look when wet.

I use Aveda Smooth Infusion Smoothie (as a styling product) which cuts the frizz for me along with keeping up my regular moisture condish/steam.

Nina_deF

My twistouts don't look good until they are fuzzy, mainly because I have realllly thin hair so more poof helps.

I airdry in a pony first, than rewet section by section with my denman and a smidge of Mozeke Sweet Almond Pudding.