Braidout on a wig???

MsAminta

Hi everyone! This is my first time posting (although I am a platinum status lurker lol!). Since I've followed the boards, this is my 2nd time going natural...chopped in July, after transitioning for almost 9 months.

Anywho, I wanted to know if anyone has done a braidout on a wig to make it look like a braidout on natural hair?

nisemac

Is it possible to get a kinkier texture?

i'm still a wig novice, but i've only seen kinkier textures in weave hair...but one could always make their own 'quick weave' wig with the tracks. There's lots of tutorials on youtube.

naturalmanenyc

La Jay Express Weave half wig reminds me of a braidout.

It was longer. I cut it.

And cut it more.

nisemac

just got a human hair wig from hairwigharlem.com Euro Collections Afro curl wig matches my hair texture after a twist out perfectly.

its a full wig, but i just twisted the front of my hair while damp and then took loose and twirled my hair with the wig to blend.

straight out ofthe package...still have to fluff.

Last edited:

Nonie

nisemac That is so pretty and clever^^. Thanks for enlarging the pic. I'd just gone to fetch my magnifying glass when I returned to find the pic had grown to a visible size. Thanks!

nisemac

Nonie thanks! i'm just tickled it matches....i've bought about 6 wigs/half wigs and this is the first one that i don't feel weird about.