Braidout......pics included

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I washed my hair Tuesday night and let it airdry so that I could do my usual style the next day, which is a bun. Well, when I got ready to moisturize last night, I put my hair in 2 braids (my protective style at night) and put my scarf on. I got up this morning to style my hair and I was going to do a messy, big bun, but instead I opted to just let it fly free. Hence, here are my braidout pics. Hope you guys like them. BTW, this was my first official braidout!!

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I was kinda worried about it at first. I don't do braidouts for the same reason I don't do wash 'n' gos. My hair always ends up a tangled mess and it becomes hell to comb and detangle afterwards. But when SO saw this look, he begged me to leave it like this, so I did. He really likes it. And so do I........I guess it can grow on me over time.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
NICE!!! HOW DO YA GET YOUR ENDS TO STAY CURLY?

Hmm.......good question. I honestly didn't use anything on my ends except those little small black rubberbands. However, I did flip my ends up and banded them together with my braids so that they wouldn't be hanging out.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Thanks ladies!! I'm still learning the ropes about things like this, so since I'm in my experimental phase, I thought this would be a good place to start. A lot of women on here have some very pretty braidouts and I was hoping to achieve the same thing.......some day!!!

Moroni

Absolutely inspiring! What leave-in did you use the night before? When I try braidouts, my hair has a dry yet oily look. Your hair looks simply beeeyouuuteee-fullll. I wanna do that, too...

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Absolutely inspiring! What leave-in did you use the night before? When I try braidouts, my hair has a dry yet oily look. Your hair looks simply beeeyouuuteee-fullll. I wanna do that, too...
Thanks girlie!! I used Fermodyl and Giovanni Direct and sealed with Jojoba oil. My hair wasn't oily at all. In fact, it was quite soft!! I certainly was surprised. The first thing I asked myself was "hmmmm.....what did I do different?" And then I remembered that it must have been the Silicon Mix and the Olive Oil rinse (Nacidit). They left my hair amazingly soft and I'm really lovin' it.

girlyprincess23

Hey miss cherokee your hair is beautiful and so are you (inside an out)!!! Can't wait until my hair gets long enough to have nice braid outs!!!

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Girl, you are beautiful!

I know with her pretty self. And her pretty hair.

Thank you ladies!! Yall have really made my night. I'm usually self conscious about taking pics of my face (it's soooo chubby), but I couldn't resist since I wanted to post pics of my braidout, plus I got some new eyeshadows and was trying them out, so I figured I'd post them anyway. Thank you all for the compliments. I really needed them:yep: (so much negativity and so many naysayers around my way)

girlyprincess23

Thank you ladies!! Yall have really made my night. I'm usually self conscious about taking pics of my face (it's soooo chubby), but I couldn't resist since I wanted to post pics of my braidout, plus I got some new eyeshadows and was trying them out, so I figured I'd post them anyway. Thank you all for the compliments. I really needed them:yep: (so much negativity and so many naysayers around my way)

Ignore them girl...remember your quote!!!

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
Hey miss cherokee your hair is beautiful and so are you (inside an out)!!! Can't wait until my hair gets long enough to have nice braid outs!!!

Girl, you will! Just keep at it!! When I was a child, my hair was pretty long. As I got older, it got shorter (bad practices). In high school, my hair never even got to BSL. Now, I'm 3 inches from WL!!!

Wow, you are soo pretty! *Taking make up notes* Oh yeah...I like the hair too:grin: You go girl!
:grin: Thanks babes!!

Xavier

I like your lipstick. How did you get it like that? What shades did you use and how did you apply it?