BRAIDOUT/TWISTOUT?

guudhair

Will someone post pics or your fokti link of your braid/twist out....and am I suppose to braid/twist wet or dry hair?...and what do I do with the ends (roll them, pin them up, let them hang, etc?)...TIA

Here is a picture of my braid out from last spring. I usually do a braid out on hair that is 90% dry and use satin rollers on the ends.

I got the idea from Chinablk's tutorial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pA-VQBvQQ_0

JoicoHair.jpg

You can do both. I find that done on wet hair leads to more definition, but shorter length. Done on dry hair yield less definition, but more length. I prefer wet.

This was done with about 12 big twists on wet, gelled hair

1vi-vi.jpg

(I don't have any pics) but I do mine on wet or well moisturized hair, with a LOT of castor oil, which gives it a really nice look. I can't keep it for more than a day though, after that it's a bit messy.

Last edited:
^^ i want 2 know that 2

my braid outs never look lik that in the front. only in the very back. my braid outs look wavy. I'm all natural now. My last relaxer was last August. Is it just that I have two completely different textures or could the relaxer be the issue?

^^ i want 2 know that 2

my braid outs never look lik that in the front. only in the very back. my braid outs look wavy. I'm all natural now. My last relaxer was last August. Is it just that I have two completely different textures or could the relaxer be the issue?

Your relaxer could definitely be the issue. Unfortunately you will not be natural until you completely cut out the relaxer. Right now you would be considered transitioning. If you like I would be more than happy to answer any questions you have about this feel free to pm me.

@ guud. My fotki link is in my sig. Each album has at least 1+ braid/twist-out. I do it on wet hair because it holds the style better for me. Sometimes I leave the twist in for one day or a week depends on how I'm feeling. I air dry overnight. I use a scarf and/or satin pillowcase to keep the 'do in tact. I refresh daily with a moisturizer.

Thanks a lot, ladies!....I did a twistout...it was really easy and I like how it came out...it was full of body...I'll be doing these often...here are a few pics:

Attachments

• DSC00884.jpg
    DSC00884.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 23
  • DSC00887.jpg
    DSC00887.jpg
    8.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSC00888.jpg
    DSC00888.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 19
Back