Can u achieve a good braid/twistout on dry hair?

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
I know the best def will be wet braid/twistout, but my relaxed hair hates to cooperate. When my hair is dry it behaves. What could I do to get a good dry set of braidout/twistouts and what products will help? Hope I didn't confuse w/ the question.:lol:

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length
I do them on dry hair all the time , the only roblem is the curls/waves don't last as long (usually only 1-2 days) since they're much looser than if done wet.

T

tgaski2

I almost always do them dry because my hair wet . . .they don't sell a whip that can tame this stuff. Anyways, they really don't last as long but I find mine turn out better. I twist with a little elasta qp mango butter every like three days or so. HTH!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
thanx! I'm still learning how to air dry my relaxed hair. I have never been successful at this. :( I am trying to grow out this short style with little to no heat. It seems this style and my wrap style will be the thing that helps. Can anyone tell me what else they use on their braid/twistout other than mango butter?

leleepop

I start off with airdried hair,then I finger part it and section where I want the plaits and use clips. I then take each section and spray it with water,gel,oil mixture I use specifically for this purpose. I find this easier for me.hth:)

lashay06

I've tried it on dry hair and for some reason mine only last one day. I usually use a little carrot oil to twist with and after all twisted up, I spray with olive oil.

goldensensation

I dont really do braid-outs, but I have found that my hair likes it better when I do it with dry hair (spray with lottabody and smooth on healthy ends).

I am trying something different with a braid-out as we speak. I hope it comes out good... if not, I will be wearing a bun tomorrow.:lol: