Braidout

Dolapo

Ok...i have cornrows in my hair now. plan on taking it out tomorrow for a braidout. im wondering what i can use on my hair to define my braidout. maybe spray gel? also, something that will make it last for like 3 days

ajargon02

Dolapo said:
Ok...i have cornrows in my hair now. plan on taking it out tomorrow for a braidout. im wondering what i can use on my hair to define my braidout. maybe spray gel? also, something that will make it last for like 3 days

well it really depends. I have used each one of these on seperate occasions:bns creamy set, avada pomade, qp feels like silk, water w/ almond, jojoba oils, leave in conditioner, aloe vera gel, stay-so-fro gold among other things. For me, the key isn't what I use to twist or braid for the twistout or braid out, but how I wrap up my hair at night, and take it down in the morning. When I do that right, my twistouts and braidouts last for a little over a week, and still look good. I just get bored w/ the look, and usually it's time to wash my hair anyway. Good luck to ya.:D

Dolapo

ajargon02 said:
well it really depends. I have used each one of these on seperate occasions:bns creamy set, avada pomade, qp feels like silk, water w/ almond, jojoba oils, leave in conditioner, aloe vera gel, stay-so-fro gold among other things. For me, the key isn't what I use to twist or braid for the twistout or braid out, but how I wrap up my hair at night, and take it down in the morning. When I do that right, my twistouts and braidouts last for a little over a week, and still look good. I just get bored w/ the look, and usually it's time to wash my hair anyway. Good luck to ya.:D

wrap as in satin scarf or bonnet?

Country gal

Depends on if you are permed or natural. I just did a twist out on my natural hair. I wet my hair and added scurl to define and pop out the curls. Rave reviews today from co-workers. When I was relaxed, I did braid outs often. I would get the hair braided with setting lotion or mouse to hold the texture. I also would pulled the hair up into a high pony tail at night so it wouldn't be flat.

goldensugar23

i have done a lot of trial and error in my braid-outs and the best thing that works for me is leave-in conditioner.

Also my hair can get very tangled in the braid-outs if i do not maintain them.So to keep my braids-outs fresh i re-braid in 4 thick plaits every night.I use biolage leave0in tonic to detangle and ntm for softness and shine.
after the braiding i secure a silk scarf around my head.In the morning it takes no time to take them out and fluff...the silk scarf really keeps the hair uniform! :)

Dolapo

ok. thanks everyone for your replies! i will be taking out the corn rows tomorrow and i hope it turns out right!

Country gal

Dolapo said:
ok. thanks everyone for your replies! i will be taking out the corn rows tomorrow and i hope it turns out right!

My hairstylist taught me how to tease my hair when take out the corn rows. You tease it as you are unraveling it.

Brownshugaz

I just did a braid out last night. It helps if your hair is wet first. However last night I just sprayed my hair with Infusium 23 leave in and then put some shea butter on and cornrowed it into about 6 cornrows. It came out defined but not as defined as with wet hair and more cornrows. If you tie it at night with a satin scarf just fluff your hair with a little water or leave in on the morning.

Dolapo

ok...when i take out the cornrows. should i spray it with some water and use a little gel? like fantasia IC gel with sparkle lites?