Braidouts...Not Just a Summer Thang!!!

Lady_Lioness

Ladies, I think I found a solution for my dry, brittle hair...My hair has been dry and rough for the past couple of weeks...no matter what I do...whether it would be deep conditioning, to moisturizing my whole entire hair, protective styles, etc;...my hair still and always remained dry...
Well ladies I believe I found a simple solution for my dry winter hair blues...BRAIDOUTS!!!

Last Night, I did a couple of individual braids, drenched my whole hair with moisturizers and went off to bed...This morning, I unraveled the braids and of course my hair was soft and moisturized...I pinned it up into a bun and went off to school(let me remind you...this morning in nyc...the temperature was around 20 degrees)...I made it back home and i'm truly surprised to see that my hair is still soft and moisturized...

I believe that the curl in my braidouts is what held the moisture in...I'm about to go to work right now...and then I will truly see if my hair would stay moisturized for the remainder of the day...I'm really excited b/c now i'm feeling like i've found a solution for this dry, brittle mess!!!

I just felt like sharing...I'll update later when I get the chance...
Have this been a solution you've tried b4?...What have you done to beat your winter hair blues?

Lady_Lioness said:
Ladies, I think I found a solution for my dry, brittle hair...My hair has been dry and rough for the past couple of weeks...no matter what I do...whether it would be deep conditioning, to moisturizing my whole entire hair, protective styles, etc;...my hair still and always remained dry...
Well ladies I believe I found a simple solution for my dry winter hair blues...BRAIDOUTS!!!

Last Night, I did a couple of individual braids, drenched my whole hair with moisturizers and went off to bed...This morning, I unraveled the braids and of course my hair was soft and moisturized...I pinned it up into a bun and went off to school(let me remind you...this morning in nyc...the temperature was around 20 degrees)...I made it back home and i'm truly surprised to see that my hair is still soft and moisturized...

I believe that the curl in my braidouts is what held the moisture in...I'm about to go to work right now...and then I will truly see if my hair would stay moisturized for the remainder of the day...I'm really excited b/c now i'm feeling like i've found a solution for this dry, brittle mess!!!

I just felt like sharing...I'll update later when I get the chance...
Have this been a solution you've tried b4?...What have you done to beat your winter hair blues?

lol your right! i wil do braidouts till the day my hands drop off! this is the one thing that has kept my ends thick and healthy and my hair moist and soft.

to beat my winter hair blues: i have put MNT aside til the weather improves, and using a moisturizing leave in conditoner as apposed to MNT. i'm doing my old tuck bun style (tucked under my nape hair) and doing what i used to do after washing and applying my leave in...adding a baggy over my pony tail and leaving it on overnight then adding my moisturizor. when i get home i use a light grease on my ends and braid away (two strand)

I agree! :) But instead of braidouts I do twist-outs and my hair comes out nice and curly. Twisting my hair definitely locks the moisture in my hair.

Back