braids and deep conditioning

jemini

I hear it's good to deep condition your hair after having braids tooken out but is it really necessary/important to deep condition your hair after taking out your braids, or could I just regular condition? Sometimes I deep condition, other times I regular condition but I never notice any difference in the way my hair feels/looks.Im kind of confused about this
confused.gif

I think deep conditioning is important because my understanding is instant conditioning doesn't allow the products to penetrate your hair strands. Instant conditioning does coat your hair and give it the feel and look of healthy hair, but I understand the effect is short lived. I think deep conditioning gives your strands longer lasting strength and lubrication, esp. because more of the good stuff remains on your hair when you rinse.

[ QUOTE ]
nonie said:
I think deep conditioning is important because my understanding is instant conditioning doesn't allow the products to penetrate your hair strands. Instant conditioning does coat your hair and give it the feel and look of healthy hair, but I understand the effect is short lived. I think deep conditioning gives your strands longer lasting strength and lubrication, esp. because more of the good stuff remains on your hair when you rinse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ditto. Definitely deep condition after braids because your hair becomes extremely dry when in braids.
smile.gif

Make sure that every one of your strands is coated with the conditioner, let sit with heat for at least 20 minutes (or heat conditioner pre-application in microwave for 25-30 seconds and sit under plastic cap for at least 20 minutes). You can also try mixing a little oil with your conditioners for extra moisturizing.

Back