Braids Out/Hair Intact! (Pics)

P

patient1

Well, I took my braids out after a month. My hair had grown entirely too much. I'll probably keep them out for a week and then rebraid. I want to enjoy my twists for a bit before I bind it up again.

I only had buildup issues on 8 braids all on the edges. The worst build-up was on the braids in my nape. There was NO buildup anywhere else. I know that seems unlikely after a month, but I really thinking keeping your scalp and hair lubricated with natural, light oils and moisturizing spritz prevents buildup rather than causes it.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/2328

My hair is still moist. I have two of my homemade products in their for ultrahydration and hold.

There are other pics of the after twists as well. I have pics of my growth in the braids, but I don't want to hog up all the disk space. I might post a few in a couple of days.

Happy hair growing!!
p1

P

patient1

Thanks Mkstar! What a compliment coming from a natural hair icon like yourself! ;)

p1

P

patient1

Hey Dahomey,

I've been developing my own product line. I had made a thread offering free samples to try, but it was removed.

One of the products used here is one that I am still testing, but I'm loving the results on my own hair and it has multiple uses. When it's ready, I'll pm you and see if you want a free sample. I'm taking my time in development, trying to narrow it down to the best ingredients, most if not all natural, and then make a decision about preservatives. I won't do parabens and cones, so I'm looking at natural options.

I'll keep you posted and thanks for the complie!!

p1

P

patient1

breezy said:
Ooh, Patient1 your twists are so pretty!

Thanks Breezy!! Have I ever told you that you're THE prototype???? Witty, down-to-earth, wellread, insightful, open-minded, on and on and on. (Plus there's that flip-flop thing!:D ) One of my favorite board members!!!

p1

Isis

patient1 said:
Hey Dahomey,

I've been developing my own product line. I had made a thread offering free samples to try, but it was removed.

One of the products used here is one that I am still testing, but I'm loving the results on my own hair and it has multiple uses. When it's ready, I'll pm you and see if you want a free sample. I'm taking my time in development, trying to narrow it down to the best ingredients, most if not all natural, and then make a decision about preservatives. I won't do parabens and cones, so I'm looking at natural options.

I'll keep you posted and thanks for the complie!!

p1
It looks like you are very talented! Your hair is so pretty and looks well moisturized. I wish you much success with your product line. :up:

Tee

so beautiful. make sure you let me know about your product line and how it's coming. I wish you nothing but the best with it. (and of course the PJ in me wants to give it whirl.) :)

P

patient1

Thanks Ladies.

Just to clarify in case there's any confusion, in my original post I mean "moist" literally. My hair is not dry yet as I spritz my freshly washed hair and then add my other product as I twist. I just took another pic of my dry hair:

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=2333&nocache=1

for clarification. (I'm an integrity junky!) They look pretty much the same, but unfortunately I have a serious, serious case of hands in hair disease because my hair has been in braids for a month. A bit fuzzy, but still soft, moist, and swingy! :)

p1

P

patient1

I really appreciate all the encouragement. Hey, I'm a pj too. I love what I'm creating but I'll likely always order other stuff too. There's enough hair out there for every mixologist. And even home mixers like to bless their heads with something new!!

p1

morehairplease

looking good Patient1! I am :love: your hair! If it is not too much trouble can you post your routine and products used while in, and out, of braids? In Jan., I plan on taking my braids out and would love to know what products you use.

thanks in advance
tishee