Brastrap in 2007 Challenge!!!

OneInAMillion

I apologize if there's already a Brastrap by 2007 challenge, but I didn't see one :) . In another thread, I noticed a couple of other ladies trying to make it to brastrap in 2007 as well, so let's make it official!

I'm just making it to armpit length, and I expect to do a blunt cut at armpit (in between my shoulder blades by the Fall. It was hard making it this far, and I KNOW I'm gonna need help getting from APL to BSL. Anyone with me???

We can post advice on getting over the hump, other challenges to help us get to BSL, etc.

Who's in?? :bouncegre

ETA: Here's a list of the Brastrap Class of '07

Ali77
Alwayzblessed
AprilJ
Aquamarie
Ariesluv
Asha97
Assiyrabomb
Asummertyme
Ayoung1981
BahamaMama
Brandi
Breezy
Buttaflye03
Cocoberry10
Cocokisses
Corbins
Crlsweetie912
Crzfaith77
Curly J
Currygyal
CynamonKis
Delta Gyrl
Den1
Determined_to_grow
Divinefavor
EbonyPerez
Ella
Emjazzy
Enchantmt
FamuDiva
FlawedBeauty
Godsflowerr
GrdyGirl
Growingbrown
Guyaneek
Highlyfavored1
HoneyA
HottestDiva19
Hottopic
Ineedhair
inJesusName
Jaded_faerie
Joi
Kbody4
Keen
KhandiB
Kinikakes
Ladytq
Lashay06
Lavendar
LengthyDreams
Letitia
Loonatick
Luvlonghair
Mars_Reiko
Michc
Missfallon
Misspriss08
Misskris816
MizJackson
MonaRae
Naijaqueen
NappyMe
Nelli711
Neonbright
Nice & Wavy
OneInAMillion
Onpoint
PatientPath
Pinkopulence
Plove
Pretty_nappy_hair
Prettypuff
Ravenmerlita
Rdm
Recherch?.Beauty
RitzBitz78
Ronda123
Sareca
Sassyhair
Secretdiamond
Seemegrow
Senimoni
SerenityBreeze
Sexyaqr
Sherylin123
Shunta
SqrpioQutie
Star
Songbyrd517
Synthia
Tarheelgurl
Tatje
Tayw29
Tetbelle
Tsmith
Vikkisecret
Wheezy807
Wishin4BSL
YasManSoBe
Yellowbutterfly
Yoniy

Last edited:
my guess is that this would be a very ambitious challenge for me... unless i was giving myself until dec. 07... i suck at measuring my progress but the back right now comes to right beyond the base of my neck... i was striving for shoulder length by june 06 but i have no idea of where i would measure that (silly,i know... :lol: )... so, i can aim for bs by dec. 07 - that's a goal...

all that to say - i'm in... :grin:

*wow* what a goal this would be for me!

The back of my hair is past the base of my neck and I hope to reach full shoulder this year----so maaayyybeee I could reach bra strap by the end of 2007.

I'm in! It's worth shooting for! If it am at bra stap I'll still be tickled pink!

I am in.....I honestly, thought I would be at brastrap by Summer 2006, but it looks like my hair is not on the same track. I perm every 4 months, so tracking will only be 3 times a year. My next perm is this week, so I will make it my start point. :)

I need to get me a fotki album sorted. :lol: But I'm in! I'm at shoulder length when stretched, and am currently aiming for armpit length this year, so bra-strap by 2007 is achievable...just got to work out a solid regimen.. :scratchch :

What's everyone else going to do as a regimen?

I am in, I mentioned a bra-strap challenge but didnt see one either. I am at collarbone length right now hopefully I will reach the end of this year and then bra-strap length will be a peice of cake from there.

I am in! I just finished transistioning for 1 year and finally chopped my texturized ends off. I will starting with 6 inches of hair. Brastrap is 12 inches from root to ends, maybe I'll be there by April 2007.

Interesting challenge.....I'm in but I would like to give myself til December 2007 to get there.....if I get there sooner I'll be tickled pink!!! :p

How many inches from shoulder to brastrap? :confused: I can't flat-iron to check length because I'm in the 5 month no heat challenge. :look:

I am shoulder lengh right now but hopefully with the help of LHCF I will make it to brastrap sometime in 2007. Wish me luck :trampolin

Sounds great ladies!

I was hoping we could check in monthly, to spur each other on toward our length goals! We can exchange regimines too.

Here's what I plan on doing:
Conditioner washing every two days and doing braidouts to get me through the summer. I want to texturize again in the Fall, so this will be a perfect time to take a break from heat. Also, I plan on reducing heat dramatically. I usually get a rollerset and my roots blown weekly, but I've been working on cutting back. The plan is to cut down to heat 1x a month over the summer! I know that's nothing compared to a lot of the ladies here, but it's a lot for me :lol: . Another major thing I'm going to stay on top of is properly moisturizing and sealing my ends with oil. Anything to preserve my ends!

Also, I just plan on continuing with the products that I have, and taking my vitamins more faithfully. In this past year, I've fulfilled my healthy hair goals, and now's time for some more length. Hopefully, cutting back on the heat will help! I'll be updating by the end of the month in my fokti.

Anyone else in?

I don't yet--not really.

What I do have--and like so far is washing once a week and CW 3-4 days after that.

As far as styles--I am still working on finding good protective styles that my hair likes.. I've been bunning--but I think I am going to alternate w/ that with rollersets.

regimine wise, i pretty much do the same thing daily: co-wash and then bun.... i use MNT extra moisturizing conditioner and then DDTA or DDWL as my leave-in... i moisturize with vitapointe on the ends and i'll sometimes use coconut oil on the ends before i bun... i try to deep condition with keraphix every other week... i use heat very rarely (although i love my maxiglide)...

if i can see the same growth that i've seen since my BC last june, then i should make bs by the end of 07, no problem... :grin:

I am so in!!!:bud:

I recently reached armpit length, so i'm so excited about that... and ready for the next challenge. I'm aiming for April 2007. I just updated my Fokti w/the armpit pics, and will continue to take pictures every 3 months.

This is so kewl, I actually feel confident that I can do it.... heck, Im giving myself a whole year, I better!:lachen: The extra few months will allow for trims/dusting, ya know?

OneInAMillion said:
Sounds great ladies!

I was hoping we could check in monthly, to spur each other on toward our length goals! We can exchange regimines too.

Here's what I plan on doing:
Conditioner washing every two days and doing braidouts to get me through the summer. I want to texturize again in the Fall, so this will be a perfect time to take a break from heat. Also, I plan on reducing heat dramatically. I usually get a rollerset and my roots blown weekly, but I've been working on cutting back. The plan is to cut down to heat 1x a month over the summer! I know that's nothing compared to a lot of the ladies here, but it's a lot for me :lol: . Another major thing I'm going to stay on top of is properly moisturizing and sealing my ends with oil. Anything to preserve my ends!

Also, I just plan on continuing with the products that I have, and taking my vitamins more faithfully. In this past year, I've fulfilled my healthy hair goals, and now's time for some more length. Hopefully, cutting back on the heat will help! I'll be updating by the end of the month in my fokti.

Anyone else in?

This regimen sounds good! Ive never co-washed, but have been thinking of adding this to my regimen. It hasnt really made sense for me to do it up til now, since i go to the Domincans to get my hair washed once a week. Washing at home never seemed necessary, esp. since my hair is so fragile when wet and im hesitant to handle it on my own. But there seems to be so much benefit to co-washing. I usually do braids over the summer, so i will def. do this then.

I also get a roller wrap w/roots blown out.... didnt think the heat to the roots was that damaging since i wasnt applying it to the very ends,which are most fragile. But realistically, i know that "any heat" is "bad heat" (lol), so i think i may try to minimize that as well. I may just slowly wean myself off, by eliminating the root-blowout first.... then eventually turning the dryer to a lower setting when i sit under it.... we'll see.

Happy Hair growing ladies!!!:grin:

Last edited:
I`am in too!
Currently I`am at the base of my neck with my longest layer,I will get a touchup within the next 3 weeks and that hopefully will bring me beyond necklength.
I don`t know if I can do monthly check-ups because I`am on a strict no heat regimen(except on relaxer days...)
I co-wash every 3rd day or so and clarify when I feel I have too.My staple so far is S-Curl,I still have to find a Conditioner and a Poo I really like.

I'm on the brastrap 2006 challenge, and after my relaxer yesterday, I may actually make it there. However, if not, I will definitely be in for this one. The front of my hair probably will not make it to brastrap before 2007, so I can join this for the front!

I am in! The longest part of my hair is a little past the base of my neck in back . I will try to develope a specific routine and stick with it. I know it will include condition washes at least 2 to 3 times a week and low to no direct heat because these two practices helped me grow my hair from a really short cut above my ears due to damage from previous hairstylist (before I found my current one who I only see about every 4 months for a touch up and she encourages me to keep doing what I am doing because its working , so far she is a keeper) . And the most importantly, stretching my relaxer for 12 to 16 weeks.

I'm in...I'll come back later with a regimen.

ETA: I'll continue with the regimen that I already have. I normally wash once per week (on the weekend) and do a deep conditioning on that same day. I will wear my hair out on the weekends and wear my hair in protective styles from M-F or Tues.-Friday (protective styles such as rollersets, strawsets, phony scrunchie and homemade updo). I just started conditioner washing my hair in the middle of the week on Wednesdays and I will do this with MNT Original Conditioner.

I am thinking of trying the Aveda line and also would like to add some sort of dominican treatments in my regimen as well. That's it, I want to keep it as simple as possible.

Last edited:
My regimen is cw on wednesday's, poo and deep con on sunday's, moisturize my ends daily....I don't necessarily wear protective styles (unless twists and twistouts are considered protective) take my vitamins daily, increase my water intake and finally...........be patient!

I've already started taking pictures but I haven't created a fotki yet.....I'm working on that.

I'm so excited ladies..are you?

Well I created a mark trial routine here goes...

Wednesday
wash hair with Apple pectin shampoo
condition while in shower with Apple Pectin conditioner
apply Cantu leave-in and Island oil
Wrap hair in bantu knot to dry overnight

Mornings
Apply vitapointe
wrap hair and if not dry sit under low heat, or if in hurry blow-dry on warm
Style in bannana clip

Nightly
Mist rough ends with liquid leave-in
Apply mango butter ends
Wrap hair into bantu knot

Friday
Oil scalp with MTG

Saturday
wash with MNT
condition while in shower with MNT
deep condition overnight with cholesterol

Sunday morning
wash out conditioner
apply cantu leave-in and island oil
airdry in bantu knot, or sit under low heat

Monday night
oil scalp with dax super gro organic oils

To sum it up I...

wash 2x a week
deep condition 1x a week
oil scalp 2x a week
No or low direct heat
Relax every 3 months

I will use all of the moisturizers as needed to avoid product overload.

I plan to start this after a big trim in 1 week, which will probably take me from collarbone length to grazing shoulders.

I'm in!! I, too, will need until Dec 2007. I don't have a specific regimen. I normally wash/co wash or rinse daily, but I want to handle my hair less. My focus will be on protective styling and keeping my ends moisturized. I need a goal to focus on so I dont get lazy and stop taking care of my hair so brastap it is!!

Sassy,

Your routine sounds really good! This week I was kinda doin' too much w/ my hair. Gotta get back to keeping it simple.

Do you think you can put a pick in your album of your hair in a banana clip? *pretty please* It sounds really cute!

Yea, I actually have some recent pics of my hair in its damaged stage too, but it is the job of loading them on the computer that I am too lazy to do, I will upload it sometime today.

KiniKakes said:
This regimen sounds good! Ive never co-washed, but have been thinking of adding this to my regimen. It hasnt really made sense for me to do it up til now, since i go to the Domincans to get my hair washed once a week. Washing at home never seemed necessary, esp. since my hair is so fragile when wet and im hesitant to handle it on my own. But there seems to be so much benefit to co-washing. I usually do braids over the summer, so i will def. do this then.

I also get a roller wrap w/roots blown out.... didnt think the heat to the roots was that damaging since i wasnt applying it to the very ends,which are most fragile. But realistically, i know that "any heat" is "bad heat" (lol), so i think i may try to minimize that as well. I may just slowly wean myself off, by eliminating the root-blowout first.... then eventually turning the dryer to a lower setting when i sit under it.... we'll see.

Happy Hair growing ladies!!!:grin:

Yeah, I've never really done my own hair too much either cuz it used to be so convenient to get my $12 blowout! But now, I've tried doing it on my own and I can't rollerset for my life! Braidouts are more manageable for me though, and I think weaning myself off the heat may not be such a bad move.

Let me know how you do your wash routine...my hair is so fragile too, that I hate to even touch it when wet! I have to part before I wash, section and braid in about 8 plaits or so. I have to be so delicate, but I guess it will pay off in the end!

Glad so many of you are on board! This is really gonna help me stay on track, taking pics more often and really monitoring my progress. I have tendency to slack off :look: and then wonder where's my inch per month :lol: .

I decided to post my hair care routine here for this challenge. I am really lazy so my routine is really simple.

Every night before bed I spray my hair with surge 14 mixed with a cayenne pepper extract mixture, then I have a color applicator bottle that I use to apply oil to my scalp. It contains a mixture of castor oil and coconut oil. I massage my scalp then I wrap my hair, tie it up with a doo rag and go to bed.
I wash my hair every Sat and everyother Tues with cream of nature shampoo and conditioner. I also have a really great hair stylist that I go to on everyother Tues. She specialize in healthy hair.

Back