Breakage after twist out

KitaWita

Hi ladies-

Yesterday I had my hair in a twist out. It turned out pretty well, but I worked out last night, so I needed to wash my hair. I did a condition-only wash with Pantene S&S and then deep conditioned with an EVOO and cholesterol mixture. When I went to comb out my hair, A LOT of hair came out
. I was so upset and shocked. My hair has been doing so well. What do you all recommend that I do? I am 4 weeks post relaxer. I was thinking of doing a good protein treatment (Aphogee), and then doing subsequent protein conditionings (Motions Oil Silk Protein or CPR) until this breakage stops.

Please help. I'm tired of losing hair.

Thanks!

Peachtree

Hi KitaWita,
So sorry that u had this experience. I've been wearing braid & twist outs everyday for 6 wks & I haven't had a breakage problem (thank God)... so truthfully I don't what would be the best method for u.

I have ApHogee also, but I haven't used it.. gosh, I'm really no help
. I use CPR regularly (every other wash) as a maintenance product ... this keeps my hair very strong & breakage free. Definitely try CPR

U said that u used a "cholesterol" mixture... I onced used a "cholesterol" conditioner that made my hair very dry & hard....I had more breakage than ever. This is when I switched to CPR with wonderful results. I probably just didn't use it right though

Hopefully someone will jump in here soon to give u some good advice...

melodee

Kita,
This happens to me with braid outs. They turn out lovely, but the twists and waves cause my hair to tangle during the wash/comb out process. I think we probably have more fragile hair than some others. When my hair is straight, roller set, or in a ponytail, I have less breakage.
BTW, how many strands did you lose after the twist out?

tasha

I too recently had the same experience with the twist outs. I had about 6 twists and after washing it; breakage and shedding was way above normal; I was very sad
I was thinking the constant exposure ( I wore it out for about 3-4 days straight) and the manipulation of retwisting every night caused it. Nonetheless; I decided to alternate my weekly deep conditioning with the Motions CPR to make my hair stronger...cause the twist outs are so cute

Peachtree

[ QUOTE ]
I had a similar experience. And what does CPR mean?

[/ QUOTE ]

CPR = Critical Protection & Repair. It comes in a shampoo & a conditioner (by Motions).