1. https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/upcoming-maintenance-upgrade.849785/
    Dismiss Notice

Breonna Taylor, Kentucky Emt Worker, Shot Dead After Police Raided 'wrong Home'

Discussion in 'News - Breaking News & Political Forum' started by AmethystLily, May 13, 2020.

1. Lylddlebit

Lylddlebit Well-Known Member

Blog Posts:
    Media:
    Albums:
    Neither would I and you won't find me offering a single contention to defending or normalizing that nonsense(dating a drug dealer). That said, there is a reason the Breonna Taylor and George Floyd cases have gotten so much more traction and Atatiana Jefferson, Elijah Mcclain or the long list of others who are really good examples but didn't gain as much popularity , get dismissed or simply fade away. It's the inverse of why Rosa Parks was the face of the Montgomery bus boycott instead of the many others who experienced the same thing before her. In the boycott example the faces of it didn't overshadow the issue, it propelled it. It is very intentional to conflate imperfect people with legit causes. The goal is to discredit the entire issue through the person/connotations presented. Whenever there is strong evidence of a legitimate grievance that opens the opportunity for real positive change foolishness almost always gets tacked on to it or represents it. I will get on my soapbox and discuss the consequences to actions in a relationship, entertainment or off topic thread ;) no problem. However this scenario keeps happening. Legit issues get conflated with nonsense so very little progress on the issue itself occurs. You aren't wrong but the true issue is so much bigger than that. So it's important for the issue to have more impact than the distractions, especially since there are other examples that experience unjust murders yet the imperfect examples are the main thing people will remember when the topic is discussed and most times become the representation.

Last edited: Jul 24, 2020
  2. meka72

meka72 Well-Known Member

Blog Posts: