BRIESMOM, did you start taking the Delenia?

Leshia

Hey BRIESMOM (Long LOST Aunt Staci!),
I read your post about checking out Delenia or maybe even Viviscal (can't remember which one as I'm still flustered that we found eachother!), did you ever start taking it? I want to know what your results are...I think I want to have a "race" to see which one of us can have the longest hair by summer when I come find you! *muah* Love youuu. /images/graemlins/weird.gif

H

HoneyRockette

Delenia may have similar ingredients as Viviscal but it isn't marketed as a hair pill. Marine protein has a wide variety of uses. How do you know it will have the same effect?

BRIESMOM

Hey Leisha, No I have not started using either one. I'm still trying to decide what to take to keep down the number of pills. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif. I am really leaning towards the delinea I think that I'll buy it this week. See ya niecieboo /images/graemlins/dance7.gif

BrightEyes

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Delenia may have similar ingredients as Viviscal but it isn't marketed as a hair pill. Marine protein has a wide variety of uses. How do you know it will have the same effect?

[/ QUOTE ]

How something is marketed doesn't really matter much. You will often find the same ingredients are marketed for different things. Its called commercial advertising. Marine protein is marine protein. You said yourself that it has similar ingredients. Chances are it will have similar affects as well.

Amino Acids aren't usually marketed as hair growing supplements, but we have seen that they do speed up hair growth. MSM is really good for the hair follicle, but it also works wonders on joint pain. Silica and Fish Oil work well with hair growth and beauty, but Silica is also known to help with insomnia and fish oil is known to raise your sex drive. Aspirin is marketed towards headaches, but they also help prevent heart attacks. Once, I used my sister's leftover relaxer to get a hair clog out of my sink. The box certainly doesn't advertise using it for that purpose, but the ingredients are the same as Drano. So, I used it like Drano.

This is why it's best to read up and find out which supplements are best for what you're trying to do, and then go out to get them. What they box says it's for is not as important as the companies would like to make you think.

Leshia

HoneyRockette said:

[/ QUOTE ]

That's why I'm asking about others use of Delenia,...Also, I've been taking marine protein and it's been great for my hair and nails. /images/graemlins/perplexed.gif

Leshia

BrightEyes said:

[/ QUOTE ]

How something is marketed doesn't really matter much. You will often find the same ingredients are marketed for different things. Its called commercial advertising. Marine protein is marine protein. You said yourself that it has similar ingredients. Chances are it will have similar affects as well.

Amino Acids aren't usually marketed as hair growing supplements, but we have seen that they do speed up hair growth. MSM is really good for the hair follicle, but it also works wonders on joint pain. Silica and Fish Oil work well with hair growth and beauty, but Silica is also known to help with insomnia and fish oil is known to raise your sex drive. Aspirin is marketed towards headaches, but they also help prevent heart attacks. Once, I used my sister's leftover relaxer to get a hair clog out of my sink. The box certainly doesn't advertise using it for that purpose, but the ingredients are the same as Drano. So, I used it like Drano.

This is why it's best to read up and find out which supplements are best for what you're trying to do, and then go out to get them. What they box says it's for is not as important as the companies would like to make you think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, yes, what SHE said. *smiling* Well said girlie! Even enlightened me!

H

HoneyRockette

True but the amounts are not the same. Five hundred milligrams of one supplement may surfice for one ailment but when tripled it may have an entirely different effect on something else. For instance, the body only needs about .3 mg of biotin to function but if you take over 1 mg it begins to effect the hair and nails. Won't that make a difference? I'm not being a smart ass by the way. I really want to know.

BrightEyes

HoneyRockette said:
True but the amounts are not the same. Five hundred milligrams of one supplement may surfice for one ailment but when tripled it may have an entirely different effect on something else. For instance, the body only needs about .3 mg of biotin to function but if you take over 1 mg it begins to effect the hair and nails. Won't that make a difference?

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's not a big difference at all. One Viviscal tablet has:

Cartiligeous Seafood Extract 300 mg
Acerola Extract 120 mg
Silica Compounds 30 mg
Vitamin C 30 mg

One tablet of Delinea has:

Vitamin C 30 mg
Vitamin E 5 IU
Zinc 7.5 mg
Natural Marine Protein Complex 250 mg
Silica 3.5mg

The both also have Microcrystalline Cellulose and Magnesium Stearate as well. Being that the marine complex is the active ingrediant in Viviscal, I would think that it would be the most important. The only thing I would add on is Silica so that it can be up to par. But basically you can pop 2.5 Delinea and be getting the same things as Viviscal for half the price.