Brittle ends...

classi123

I have noticed that my ends have gotten very brittle dry and just plain ole crunchy looking :lol:. I am kind of worried and I am really debating on cutting my ends off to start fresh. Have anyone ever had this problem and fixed it? I have been conditioning my hair regularly but I think I might need something stronger. Any suggestions? TIA

I have noticed that my ends have gotten very brittle dry and just plain ole crunchy looking :lol:. I am kind of worried and I am really debating on cutting my ends off to start fresh. Have anyone ever had this problem and fixed it? I have been conditioning my hair regularly but I think I might need something stronger. Any suggestions? TIA

If you haven't dusted or trimmed, that's what you need to do pronto. Ends are the oldest part of your hair and they start wearing off as soon as they appear. In other words, even after you trim, you just create a new vulnerable end that will start to deteriorate in time. The longer you hold onto them, the more of that deterioration you will see and the further up the strand it will travel. If you would dust regularly, your ends would never get to a point where they look ole and crunchy. You'd nip the problem in the bud and it'd never bloom.

I agree with the trimming part. However, I recently got a trim and tried to flat iron my hair afterwards. I had straight hair everywhere but for the hard crinkly ends pre-flat ironing. As it turned out, I used a bit of curl wax which resolved the issue perfectly.

So my question is when do you experience this and what were you doing to your hair?

i would try a deep moisture treatment. i love burts bees pre shampoo treatment. (make sure you wet your hair first)

if that doesn't quench your parched ends...trim.

I would trim and prevent it again by moisturising and sealing my ends well, protecting them from the elements and prevent them from rubbing against something.

After a slight trim, moisturize, and seal those ends with castor oil. Wear protective styles and continue to baby those ends by moisturizing and sealing.

Back