Brothers are walking around here with more hair than me

FRO-EVER 21

Yesterday I saw a man with cornrows about 4 inches from his waist. Granted he was Puerto Rican, but that doesn't mean anything because the I have seen plenty of brothers with long hair. Need I mention Ludacris, Omarion, Snoop, Bow-wow before the big chop, and a whole host of NBA players? Okay, I know that they are celebrities but I see many men on my block with the same length. I also realize that most of them haven't damaged their hair from years of processing and heat, but it still makes me mad!:mad:

A friend of my has below shoulder length hair, and his regime is simple. He washes every week and then cornrows it. He oils his scalp every other day and get a shape-up once a month. I think that my problem is that I have been manipulating my hair too much. I am thinking about braiding my hair for six months and following his regimine. What do you ladies think?

senimoni

My cousin is like that...always in cornrolls...last time I saw him, he had it pressed...looking like a pimp, but I was hatin'

Ayeshia

men dont manipulate their hair...nor do they comb it every day, add heat, or chemically treat their hair...thats simple.That's the one thing I do contribute to my hair retaining length. I dont do shiznit to it.

foxybrownsugar

so true little manipulation=keeping length. im not bothered by combing everyday, straightening, curling, etc. everyday anymore either. although some women still will talk about you "her hair isnt done" or "do something with that" i keep my hair in flat twists i guess it bothers some of my friends/family members. oh well.... theyll be alright :look:

Peachtree

My younger cousin has a head full of hair... he simply wash & braid it... Low manipulation is the key (for guys anyway...)

AceH

It's about as little manipulation as possible. Females are taught to be cute. We are brought up to "do something with our hair." When we start fussing with our hair to achieve nice hair styles we sacrifice the health of our hair by way of excess breakage and shedding which in turn leaves us with shorter, damaged hair - the exact opposite of what we want. Braids are simply one protective style to do, but the point of protectively styling our hair is to give us the opportunity to leave it alone. That's exactly what I'll be doing until September 2007. Leaving my hair alone.