• I'm BSL or longer and RELAXED

Votes: 51 49.5%
  • I'm BSL or longer and Texlaxed/Texturized

Votes: 28 27.2%
  • Other- please explain

Votes: 24 23.3%

• Total voters

PinkPeony

I just want to see how many BSL and BSL+ ladies here are relaxed or texlaxed:yep:.
Please vote in the poll and if you don't mind give us these stats:

hairtype:
relaxed/texlaxed:
brand of relaxer:
how long do you wait between relaxers:
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.)

Thank you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Evazhair

hairtype: 3a,b poss some c in crown
relaxed/texlaxed:relaxed
brand of relaxer:affirm lye regular
how long do you wait between relaxers:6-9 wks dep on amt of ng
In addition to my siggy
prepoo= oils or conditioner mixes-to counter the shampoo

Chelate regularly, one lather.

Will be starting shikaikai rinses/cw next week

Oil scalp after every rollerset.

Usu trim every other relaxer

At my touchup I get affirm 5 in 1 or Sustenance. In between, only light proteins: collagen, ceramide, some wheat protein as needed.

I will wear my hair down maybe once a week, or if "doing something"

moisturizing/sealing as needed and protective styling most of the time:no tightly pulled styles(ponytail-like or buns), sometimes one large bantu knot made with my length, 1-2 braids pinned up, My length loosely pinned up/ends tucked

2-4 braids or pincurls at night or loosely folded/tucked in a hairnet+ silk scarf.

seeminglysweet

hairtype: 4a/b
relaxed/texlaxed:Relaxed bone straight with sensitive strength
brand of relaxer: Design essentials
how long do you wait between relaxers: at least 12 weeks
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.): Rollersetting/air drying, weekly shampooing. Bunning in the winter.

winterinatl

All natural!
hairtype: 3c

relaxed/texlaxed: relaxed, never bone straight

brand of relaxer:affirm sensitive scalp

how long do you wait between relaxers: 3-4 months

your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.):

I wash about once a week. If I feel greasy I apply a watered down clarifier to my scalp, rinse, and poo with Keracare moisturizing poo. I deep condition with either Keracare or ORS paks, OR a keratin conditioner.

Then I add a leave in and air dry, usually in one or two braids.

I rarely use heat. I never rollerset but would like too.

I usually use a mix of moisurizing conditioners or leave in and oil as a daily moisturizer. I can't remember when I last bought a "moisturizer" that did me any good.

I usually wear my hair up during the day, then let it down at night or when I feel like there might be some men looking :ninja:

This regimen changes when exercising.

Starian

hairtype: 4a/b with small patches of 3c in various places
relaxed/texlaxed: I'm relaxed, although my hair tends to be underprocessed most of the time. I guess that is texlaxed, isn't it?
brand of relaxer: Silk Elements (Brown jar, not pink)
how long do you wait between relaxers: Whenever I have the time/money/resources/trustworthy person to relax it. My last relaxer was about 5 months ago.

your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.) My hair care regimin is provided by the Sloth and Laze line. :lachen:For real though...most days I can't be bothered to comb it let alone style it. It generally stays in a messy bun. I wash about once a week if I have time. If I don't have time, every 3 weeks. I deep condition when I wash. Otherwise, I really can't be bothered.

Isis

hairtype: 4b

relaxed/texlaxed: texlaxed

brand of relaxer: Gentle Treatment Regular

how long do you wait between relaxers: 13 + weeks

I wash and deep condition every 3 - 4 days. I avoid heat and usually airdry in a rollerset to straighten my hair. I don't wear protective styles for "protection" but wear certain styles (braided buns, French Twists, ponytails, braidouts) because they look good on me. :)

prospurr4

relaxed/texlaxed: Texlaxed

brand of relaxer: Revlon Realistic Regular Lye

how long do you wait between relaxers: 8 -9 weeks

I condition (pre-poo on dry hair) and wash once per week. I avoid all direct heat. I bonnet-dry on LOW/airdry my hair in a rollerset to straighten. I do wear "protective" and "low manipulation" styles, but my reasons are that (1) they are fast and easy, and (2) they look good on me.

NAKISH66

relaxed/texlaxed:Relaxed
brand of relaxer: don't stick with the same brand :ohwell: Mizani Lye next!
how long do you wait between relaxers: Every 6 months
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.) Wash, deep condition & Bun. My hair LOVES protein!!

luvinwife

hairtype: 3c/4a

relaxed/texlaxed: relaxed

brand of relaxer: mizani sensitive

how long do you wait between relaxers: 14-16 weeks

your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.): wash 2x a week (1 regular, one co wash) deep condition 1x a week. blowdry and flatiron 1x a week with heat protectant. put in leave in conditioner. and moisturize everyday. dont really do protective styles (probably be longer if i did so maybe i'll start. lol)

2Cute!

I just want to see how many BSL and BSL+ ladies here are relaxed or texlaxed:yep:.

hairtype:
relaxed/texlaxed:
brand of relaxer:
how long do you wait between relaxers:

how long between relaxers: depends on how much new growth I have - usually around 12 weeks
hair care basics: wash every 7-10 days, condition, rollerset

I don't typically wear protective styles. I wear it down until it's dirty, then it's usually in a ponytail or a messy bun.

LovelyLionessa

hairtype: 3cish
relaxed/texlaxed:relaxed
brand of relaxer: ORS Lye
how long do you wait between relaxers:around 10 weeks

I wash 2x week, at least 1x a week DCing as a pre-poo. I mix oil with my conditioners, rollerset. I put my hair in 1-2 bantus to produce soft waves when wearing it down. Or I wear my hair in a braid, bun or ponytail.

RZILYNT

3c some 4a
Relaxed with Revlon
every 8-10 weeks
I shampoo every 4 /5 days, airdry.....I use a variety of products get make it dry straight.

Like Preistess: I tie my hair up everynight in 2 bantu knots and a satin scarf.
I wear my hair out everyday with soft waves.

RZ~

Nanyanika

hairtype: mostly 4a, with 3c areas
relaxed/texlaxed: relaxed bone straight
brand of relaxer:Silke elements lye
how long do you wait between relaxers: usually 6 months, i've now reduced to 12-14 weeks
My haircare basics are wearing buns

~*~ShopAholic~*~

relaxed/texlaxed: Relaxed
brand of relaxer: Vitlae Life & Body/Vitale Pro
how long do you wait between relaxers: 16 wks. no more than 20

Shampoo/DC 2x's a wk, Oil rinsing, Airdrying in large twist or platts or Roller setting.

silverlotus

hairtype: 4a
brand of relaxer: ors no-lye
how long do you wait between relaxers: 12-13 weeks
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.): wash & d/c 1x/week, airdry, bunning & daily moisturizing

Candy_C

hairtype: 3b
relaxed/texlaxed: texlaxed
brand of relaxer: Elasta qp no-lye
how long do you wait between relaxers: 10-12 weeks
your hair care basics: NO SHAMPOO.....only during relaxing.

oil cleansing/scritching. indian herbs for inbetween cleansing and conditioning.

doing this every 3 days...+ vits..MAXIMUM GROWTH AND HEALTH

VelvetRain

hairtype:4A
brand of relaxer: Mizani lye sensitive scalp
how long do you wait between relaxers: every 9-10 wks
Lately I have been doing a lot of protective styles along with upping my deep conditioners under the dryer. I am curling iron free for the past 3 years. I use caruso rollers to style

Softresses

hairtype:3c/4a
relaxed/texlaxed:texlaxed very lightly (5-6min total =almost natural)
brand of relaxer: Hawaiian Silky
how long do you wait between relaxers: 3-4 mos
your hair care basics: C.O.W every other day unless it is cold, only use CON if hair is stinky dirty, otherwise no shampoo. Henna glosses every 3-4 mos. No oil or grease (unless the oil is in my henna mix).
I wear my hair up most of the time, because I love updos, and for work. I have been heat free for the past year (with one exception).
ETA: Trimmed out layers this year, back to dusting every 3-4weeks.

Softresses

Last edited:

rdm

hairtype: 3c/4a...thought I was 4a/4b before I joind LHCF
brand of relaxer: I think it is Design Essentials w/ lye
how long do you wait between relaxers: 8-9 weeks. Anything longer is asking for trouble
  • For the first 3-5 weeks after a touch up, I roller set and wear boring buns.
  • As I get closer to the touch up, I co wash daily and wear a boring bun.
  • My hair is only exposed to direct heat when I get a touch up.
  • I wear a scarf or bonnet at night and sleep on a satin pillow case
  • I rinse my hair with cool water after conditioning
Note: I am going to use aveda products exclusively (except relaxer) for the next year and see if I notice any difference.
Although you did not ask, my goal is MBL.

I also have to start rethinking the bun because at my last touch up, my stylist noticed some breakage in my crown area. She attributes this breakage to the bun.

Last edited:

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
hairtype: 4B
relaxed/texlaxed: RELAXED
brand of relaxer: SILK ELEMENTS MILD
how long do you wait between relaxers: 8-10 WEEKS
-BUNNING 90% OF THE TIME
-DEEP CONDITION 1-2X A WEEK
-PRE-POOING
-DAILY MOISTURE
-LOW HEAT REGIMEN (ROLLERSET, AIRDRY, FLAT-IRON ONCE A MONTH)
-DUST THE ENDS WHEN NECESSARY
-HENNA/PROTEIN TREATMENT ONCE A MONTH

OT: ELLA... ELLA... ELLA... EY.. EY.. EY!!!:grin:

Miss*Tress

hairtype: 3b/3c

relaxed/texlaxed: neither; natural

brand of relaxer: N/A; stylist used to use a no-lye by Avlon I think

how long do you wait between relaxers: went from every 3 months, to every six months, to once a year, then just stopped

your hair care basics (aka bunning, co-washing etc.): Co-wash weekly or every two weeks; henna every now and then; lots and lots of oils of all sorts; am currently on a bun challenge and have worn my hair up virtually everyday since mid-October as it is taking me too long to reach waist length

♦K.O♦

hairtype: 3c/4a
relaxed/texlaxed: Texlaxed
brand of relaxer: Profectiv No-Lye (Regular)
how long do you wait between relaxers: 3-4 months... sometimes a little more
Wash every 3-7 days. Deep condition with each wash. For the past couple of months, I have been rollersetting instead of airdrying, I like it. I mostly wear ponytails, buns, and other updos. Sometimes I wear my hair down.

TonicaG

TonicaG
I'm 2 inches from waist length. I hope to officially be there by Valentine's Day 2008!!!

brand of relaxer: Last relaxer used - Premium, Sensitive Scalp (LOVED IT!)
how long do you wait between relaxers: 4-6 weeks (any time longer - TROUBLE!!!)
your hair care basics (aka bunning,co-washing etc.) Roller Sets or Air dried using Sylver2's scarf method

MariposaSexyGirl

hairtype:3c mostly and some 4 a in the crown
relaxed/texlaxed: I'm relaxed but my hair isn't bone stright at all
brand of relaxer: Soft Sheen carson Carson Dark and Lovely no-lye.
how long do you wait between relaxers: 12 weeks

Usually wash every three days.I prepoo before every wash. I deep condition every 2nd wash.I air dry.Then flat iron(which I don't do that much of now.)
When Co-washing I co wash everyday. after that I bun it put some leavins or CONE free conditioner on it.
I rollerset ever so often. but I think I'm going to hold off on it a bit. it seems as if I get more breakage with the manipulation of my hair. So more cowashing and bunning for me.

Your welcome and happy hair growing

Isis

I'm 2 inches from waist length. I hope to officially be there by Valentine's Day 2008!!!

brand of relaxer: Last relaxer used - Premium, Sensitive Scalp (LOVED IT!)
how long do you wait between relaxers: 4-6 weeks (any time longer - TROUBLE!!!)
your hair care basics (aka bunning,co-washing etc.) Roller Sets or Air dried using Sylver2's scarf method

I forgot to add the bolded in mine. Isn't Sylver2's method great?!

lejardinier

Hair Type - 4a - Two inches below bra strap.
Relaxed but not bone straight.
Relaxer Brand - Revlon Mild w/quarter cup organic olive oil mixed into the jar.
Length between relaxers: 4 to 6 months. Usually 6 months unless I have a wedding or formal occasion to appear at.
Hair care basics: No heat unless having touch up. Use ionic hard bonnet dryer if I'm doing my own touchup at home. Trimming dead ends are a must. Husband does it for me after my touchup when my hair is straight. Love indian oils, original terax creme, Lacio-Lacio, Silicon mix, anything cheap for my CWs. Ellin Lavar & Giovanni setting lotions. French Magnolia Oil to seal. Keep hair in little braids that I do myself when I get past 3 month stretch. CW three times a week. No shampoo except for twice a month with pre-poo. Then CON. Chamomile tea and rhassoul to keep my naturally dark blond hair from getting dull. No hair colour at all ever.No blow dryer or hair irons. They kill my hair. Air dry if rolling.Hair kept up during day with loose cloth tie in ponytail.Comb once a week. No brushing ever. Have a Dominican stylist do my hair once a year for shaping and style. Satin cases. Satin bonnet. Satin scarves. Silk scarf under winter hats. Never, never, never let my hair out in the air when I am outside. Never.

Major league vitamins. One protein shake a day. 12 glasses of bottled Fiji water daily. Filtered spring water for herbal tea and cooking.
No alcohol, cigarettes, drugs ( prescription or otherwise). No soft drinks. No cancer-causing artificial sweeteners. We eat completely organic. From toothpaste to steak. Jonathan Martin shower filter from beauty/drugstore.com.

Ummm...I think that's it!

sprungonhairboards

hairtype:4A
relaxed/texlaxed: Texturized
brand of relaxer:Phyto index 1
how long do you wait between relaxers:once every 8 or 9 months
your hair care basics(aka bunning,co-washing etc.)Moisture Moisture Moisture. Wash and deep condish once a week, rinse or condish wash once or twice a week, lots of braid outs, wash and go's, braids, ponytail, twists, etc. Only use heat about once every other month.