BSS experience

blkgurl2008

I went to the BSS yesterday only to by some aphogee protein and wgo, when I saw a girl who had just bought a beautiful wig. So I asked to girl who worked there to show me the wig and help me try it on. As I was taking off my phony pony she said "Girl, what you doing wearing that ponytaill with all that hair!?" I explained to her the importance of protective styling. We then began talking about LHCF and I showed her pics of my progress. She was sooo excited and I was excited too.:drunk: We continued to talk and I gave her the website to LHCF and BHM.

It felt very good to share the "good news", and to see the excitement her face, it was a very rewarding experience. I wish someone had told me sooner about LHCF, anyway does this ever happen to any of you?:yep:

What a great story! I've turned 4 of my friends on to healthy hair care. 2 have decided to go natural and my one (my sister) mimics everything that I do. My other friend had already been relaxer-free for 1 year (now 2) and I introduced her to rollersetting.

It's easier to work with someone you know well. I'm proud of you for introducing LHCF to a stranger!

I know that feels very rewarding when someone adheres to your advice. I wonder if she has joined yet.

NOPE I never have. I work as a bus operator in Chicago and I see some jacked up hair styles and I want to open my mouth so bad.

My twin sister has learned to protective style and my older sister has transitioned to natural. They both read my blog on a regular basis to see what I've been up to.

Yes!!!

I have told a few about the sites. I even found out that a teller at my bank (has beautiful hair btw) is a member on BHM.

I have gotten my SO sister, one of my girlfriends AND my 23 yr old sister to go natural . It is a very rewarding feeling. :grin:

I also know a 2 LHCF lurkers IRL.

I do this all of the time. I'm a talker and I have an opinion about EVERYTHING! (Atleast that's what I've been told) :) I have on several occassions took the time to steer someone away from mineral oil and petroleum "laced" products. Especially if I see they're taking the time to read the ingredients.

No, I wish. I've tried to tell friends and family about this wonderful place but they always give me the stank eye. I think they'll listen to me when I have long hair but I'm going to say "I have no idea what your talking about.What site?" J/K
Your kindness is wonderful and prayerfully she'll benefit.If you're already here come out of lurking chica.We'd love to welcome you!

I have, i have!!! I found this site sometime around '04 or '05 and i have def turned my sisters to this site. They are still lurkers tho :look:. I've told some of my friends about it too but they didn't join either so we usually just research what we need together and then do the regimen and keep each other accountable. I have too many ppl with me on this hair journey :rolleyes:!!! Oh and their hair is thriving... 2 of my sisters went natural, and one is still relaxed (with braids as her winter protective style). My other friends are learning new techniques to help them stretch out their perms cause they refuse to go natural :lachen:

Back