BSS in Richmond

faithVA

There is a BSS on Hull street a few miles from the intersection of Courthouse and Hull in the shopping center with the Kmart.

There are several BSS on Mechanicsville Turnpike.

There is a Ruby Red on Jefferson Davis Highway

There is a BSS off Midlothian not to far from Cloverleaf mall in the shopping center with the Marshalls.

If you narrow down a part of the city I might be able to narrow down some stores. I don't know names of stores or shopping centers as you can tell but I might be able to get you close.

southerncitygirl

just came in here to say hey.....i'm repping for richmond but live in nyc:grin: VA stand-up.....sorry for diverting yo thread i'll leave now:look:

I second faithVA.... I know also on Midlo Trnpke there was just the grand opening of a new BSS right down the street from the one located near Marshalls going toward Chesterfield Towne Center. There is also one in the opposite direction called Regina's BSS. If you can google BSS along with your zipcode it should locate some that are near you.

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Ruby Red! They are one of my fav. They have one on hull by the skateland and right before the hayne's store if you are going towards brandermill. They have another location on Jeff Davis (route 1?) near Bells Road I believe, right by the JD Market....

MsSanz92

Thanks so much guys... I am located in the West End near Henrico aka Lily Whiteville...most of what you listed is located on the Southside? I figured because I also wanted to check out Mayra's too off of Hull Street Road. Since most of these stores are south of the river does anyone have any suggestions towards Henrico?

faithVA

Right off hand I can't think of one on the West End. Hopefully so one on that side of town is on the forum.

SqrpioQutie

i want to say i saw one in the shopping center close to broad and parham... in the shopping center right next to wawa with the chinese buffet and i can't remember what else...

faithVA

I've don't think I've actually ever been in a Ruby Red so not sure if they are all the same. Also haven't been in Diva Beauty. I just drop up Mechanicsville Tpk a few weeks ago and it is the first time I had seen the stores over there. Haven't been on that side of town for a year or two.

Anything particular you looking for?

SqrpioQutie

I've don't think I've actually ever been in a Ruby Red so not sure if they are all the same. Also haven't been in Diva Beauty. I just drop up Mechanicsville Tpk a few weeks ago and it is the first time I had seen the stores over there. Haven't been on that side of town for a year or two.

Anything particular you looking for?

no... just a place with lots of stuff so i can spend money aimlessly on products that i'll probably use only once...

wait, i take that back - i would love to find a local place that's not a salon but sells dominican products...

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
Ruby Red sells dominican products, the silicon mix I believe and something else. I know the one on Nine Mile Road does and I believe (not 100% sure) that the one on hull does too....

I have been in the Diva Beauty (the one where G-Zone use to be?), it is okay. Like I said, the best are the Ruby Reds imo. They have a very big selection and their products tend to be fresher and without dust on them...there is another one on Laburnum near the Fairground as well.

The only other beauty supply store I know of on Broad Street is the one next to the Plato's closet near David's Bridal and TJ Maxx. They are okay too, but they still don't have ish on Ruby Red lol (sorry)!

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
It's okay. The aisles are a little cramped but they have a lot of goodies. Also right beside it in the next parking lot is a beauty supply outlet. Their inventory is a little low but they have some decent stuff in there too.

I actually prefer the Ruby Red on Jeff Davis over the Hull Street one honestly but they are about 10 minutes apart so you can go to both in one visit and decide for yourself....

ms-gg

Aka frostoppa
I googled it:

3618 Jefferson Davis Highway
Richmond, VA 23234-2628
(804) 232-4700

If you google it there is a map...

faithVA

Have any of you Richmond ladies seen Vatika oil locally? I know I can get it online but would prefer to get it local if I can.

tia

SqrpioQutie

Have any of you Richmond ladies seen Vatika oil locally? I know I can get it online but would prefer to get it local if I can.

tia

i believe i saw some at the indian grocery store below:

Laxmi Palace
3423 Old Parham Rd Richmond, Virginia (VA) Phone: (804) 217 7066

SqrpioQutie

resurrecting this thread for two "reviews"....

i highly recommend Nine Mile Beauty (it's actually right down from Ruby Red) simply because it was laid out nicely, they had a GREAT selection of products and, most of all, the proprietor was AWESOME!!!.... he was patient, nice and generally made me feel like we were respected (i just don't get that vibe from a lot of places)....

the other that i really like is Beauty Empire on mechanicsville (i think that is the one that replaced g-zone - i can't picture where g-zone was right now).... their selection isn't quite as great, but i love the fact that they are pretty nice and i was able to exchange a wig that i inadvertently bought.... bonus, i get to watch real live drag queens do their hair and makeup... lol