bucket list

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Wish List 2014

When it comes to your hair is there any technique or product that youve been wanting to try, but for whatever reason you haven't got around to out yet. Lets list all the "must try" products. Ill go first:

I want to try jamaican black castor oil, grapeseed pil and dr woods peppermint castille soap.

Your turn :)

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I also want to do a bantu knot out on my natural hair. Once it gets long enough I want to do one of those fancy braided buns/updo

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
Jet black...I'm talking MIDNIGHT black hair! Every time I see someone with shiny black hair I just want to reach out and run my fingers through it and stroke it like a puppy. lol

I'm going to wait until late next year to allow my permanent blonde highlights to grow out more/be trimmed away more though before I take the plunge so I guess it's not wish list 2014 material..more like 2015.

I hate the long term commitment of permanent color, so my next color will def be Demi permanent. I've heard it takes months to wash out or 28 washes, which to me is a happy medium between taking years to grow a permanent color out and a semi perm washing out after just 6-8 washes. Hopefully I'll be pushing hip length too around that time so I'mma be swanging that black lushness everywhere!

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
lulu97 I have always been a fan of black hair toom I just did a permanent reddish brown in november. In a year I will have an ombre effect. After ive enjoyed my ombre for a while I might go super dark brown. I cant commit to black, because I change colors too much

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
lulu97 I have always been a fan of black hair toom I just did a permanent reddish brown in november. In a year I will have an ombre effect. After ive enjoyed my ombre for a while I might go super dark brown. I cant commit to black, because I change colors too much

I know what you mean...I've had every color in the red/blonde/brown family and I'm over it. I've been wanting to go black for years and my stylist always talks me out of it. She said it's hard to go lighter once you go black but I don't see myself wanting any other color other than that since I've done my fair share of experimenting with lighter colors.

Ogoma

Color. Once I get to my goal, I will cut it back and color it.

I will probably not get there until 2015.

havilland

Magical Mythical Princess
I want to get blonde highlights again. I had them in HS. I loved them!

I also want to get a Dominican blow out.

I'm too chicken to try either.

ElevatedEnergy

Rooted Yet Flowing
For the ladies wanting to try a lighter color:
Before my stylist would color my hair, she would make me a few colored clip in pieces using human hair. I would test them out for a few weeks to see how I liked them before adding the actual color to my hair. It may be worth a try if you want to go lighter without doing the deed to your own hair. I still have about 20 different colored clip ins from those days so once I go jet black and crave my lighter color, I'll just use my clip ins.

felic1

I gave myself a semi permanent color. It is a Clairol type that rinses out in 12 washes. I just was burned out with the gray/white roots. It looks better.

cravoecanela

This is a great idea for a thread! I've been meaning to use the Aphogee protein thing but am kind of scared because its supposed to be heavy and my strands are so thin. Maybe in the next couple of months. I've also always wanted to use mayonnaise on my hair but I don't want my mom to judge me...she already thinks I'm hair crazy for putting coconut oil in it (she thinks its only good for your skin ugh so ignorant).

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
This is a great idea for a thread! I've been meaning to use the Aphogee protein thing but am kind of scared because its supposed to be heavy and my strands are so thin. Maybe in the next couple of months. I've also always wanted to use mayonnaise on my hair but I don't want my mom to judge me...she already thinks I'm hair crazy for putting coconut oil in it (she thinks its only good for your skin ugh so ignorant).

Aphogee protein is a great treatment. The only thing I dont like is the smell, but it goes away after u use a moisturizing dc. You can buy it in a trial size from the bss or sallys.

*Color (Demi or permanent and red/auburn) I colored when I was relaxed, though.

* Using Grapeseed or jojoba oils (I'm too much of a fan of coconut/avocado/Jamaican black castor oil. So using another oil seemed a waste.)

ronie

Color once i reach BSL.
Henna and other ayurvedic treatments
Professional flat iron or Hueitiful nano treatment
Bun drop:lachen:

AmiJay

I want a steamer but I'm too cheap to buy one.
I'd love to have bangs again but they're only good if I'm going to use heat and/or not stretch.
Color that lasts. A beautiful deep red. I'd never do it, but I'd like too.

Crackers Phinn

Either A Blessing Or A Lesson.
Ratchet color and cuts (via wigs - I ain't touching my real hair)

I had burgundy and black Havana twists in last week and I got blue and red braiding hair in the cupboard waiting to get used.

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ok so ive read several reviews on cream of nature argan oil shampoo. I have to try it. If it even comes close to the original cream of nature detangling poo I will have one happy head of hair! Ive used the argan oil dc and it was amazing. I gotta have that poo :)

ChristmasCarol

I want to color - but I'm scared it will damage my hair. :sad:

Curlformers. I have 40, but found out that won't be enough. I'm too cheap to buy 40 more, though.

Last edited:

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
I really want to try a demi permanent hair color. I don't want the damage of a permanent, but I want it to last longer than semipermanemt

Prettymetty

Natural/4b/medium-coarse
Ok so ive read several reviews on cream of nature argan oil shampoo. I have to try it. If it even comes close to the original cream of nature detangling poo I will have one happy head of hair! Ive used the argan oil dc and it was amazing. I gotta have that poo :)

I tried it and love it! This shampoo smells great and does not strip my hair at all. The scent lingers for days

imaginary

I want a steamer. Like really bad. But I'm super broke and not even sure how I'd get one here.

Also I want to experiment more with ayurvedic herbs next year... eventually.

Also highlights. When I'm not such a scaredy-cat of course.

Smiley79

Not sure if this counts, but I'm determined to master how to get my natural hair to be more defined when I do twist outs and braids outs...It's ridiculous how my hair always end up in a frizzy poof of undefined twists. Not cute. I've tried every product and technique you can imagine. At this point, I'm not worrying about it anymore; instead Im focusing on getting my hair in a more healthy state and then see if I can achieve more defined styles later.