Bunning...it works!

upandcoming

Okay so I have finally succomb to the fact that three things work for me:
1. Moisture
2. Barely any heat
3. Bunning

Bunning only works when I do low buns. I have 4b hair that is texturized/texlaxed, w/e and if I keep it in a bun too long, my hair has a large dent in it and its hard to come down straight...its like cowlick for half o fmy hair, forever. When I comb it out hair comes out.

Low buns come out with a nice wave to them. If I add cream (Keracare) then twist and bun and soak ends with oil a few minutes later to seal it..it works! I keep it in for the whole day until the evening and then let it out with a nice flip. Bunning makes it easy not to comb or manipulate except with the fingers. It's kinda boring but a sexy part or clip can make it doable. It also makes me pay more attention to my face. =)

In '06 I chopped my hair off to my chin, and now I'm 1.5 from APL. I'll upload pics in April

togethernessinchrist said:
Okay so I have finally succomb to the fact that three things work for me:
1. Moisture
2. Barely any heat
3. Bunning

Bunning only works when I do low buns. I have 4b hair that is texturized/texlaxed, w/e and if I keep it in a bun too long, my hair has a large dent in it and its hard to come down straight...its like cowlick for half o fmy hair, forever. When I comb it out hair comes out.

Low buns come out with a nice wave to them. If I add cream (Keracare) then twist and bun and soak ends with oil a few minutes later to seal it..it works! I keep it in for the whole day until the evening and then let it out with a nice flip. Bunning makes it easy not to comb or manipulate except with the fingers. It's kinda boring but a sexy part or clip can make it doable. It also makes me pay more attention to my face. =)

In '06 I chopped my hair off to my chin, and now I'm 1.5 from APL. I'll upload pics in April

Are you serious?!?!

:eek:

That's some serious growth girl!!! I do middle buns, because my hair is far more longer in the front than the back. My hair as a whole the same length, so therefore the front is bound to be longer.

I prefer low buns also, mainly because it looks good on my head.:yep:

ETA: I just reread your last sentence--you made excellent progress!! :up:

Last edited:
I'm glad you found a regimen that works for you. :) I too LOVE bunning. I'm always on the go. For the baggie method I saturate my hair in EVOO or Vaseline.

Ooops sorry, LOL. Not chin - I chopped it off an inch - two from my shoulder to exactly on my shoulder depending. Sorry for the typo.

Back