Burt's Bees

Sade'

Has anyone used their products before? They have an Avocado Product that looks like its very beneficial for the hair. I just bought some Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Shampoo and Conditioner :drunk:. I went to a Trichologist last weekend b/c my hair is thin in the scalp area :perplexed and the dr. suggested that I try shampoos that are Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate Free as they are irritants. I had no idea that ingredient was so harsh to our skin :wallbash:. I might completely switch over to all natural products gradually. In the meantime I just wanted some suggestions and thoughts about their products :prettyplease:.

Links Below :realitycheck:
www.burtsbees.com
http://www.natural-health-information-centre.com/sodium-lauryl-sulfate.html

Thanks Ladies :wave:
http://public.fotki.com/Blckbttrfly/

Twisties

I have used the pre shampoo Avocado conditoner and it was ok. I am natural. I let my sister who is relaxed use it and she said it just ok too. I haven't tried their shampoos or other conditioners though. Since I didn't get raving results, I won't buy the Avocado deep treatment again once it's gone.

Have you tried Aubrey Organics GPB? That's very good and I think all natural product line. I have used that line with good results.

tdwillis

I tried the Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo twice it it is actually very drying. I wouldn't recommend it.

Sade'

No, I have never tried Aubreys....there is an Organic Market near me that sells it, when I run out of some of the products that I have I will give it a try. Thanks! :drunk:

MizzBrown

I also use the Burt Bees Sugar Beet & Grapefruit shampoo. Hair feels like straw afterwards but just knowing that it's 98% natural doesn't make me feel so bad.

I just make sure I work my conditioner in really good after shampooing. I wouldn't use their conditioner. I might try Aubrey Organics for that if i want to go COMPLETELY chemical free w/ my hair products.

I also just started using their 98% natural baby powder since it doesnt contain talc and I really like the difference.

Sade'

Thanks MizzBrown, I will def have my back up products handy to re-gain softness and moisture.

Tezza30xx

I just bought the Burt's Bees Pomegranate & Soy I heard it provides more moisture than their other shampoo's. I will let u all know once i try it.

AtlantaJJ

I tried the Avocado Butter Pre-Shampoo twice it it is actually very drying. I wouldn't recommend it.

I found it to be drying as well. Isn't that strange with the ingredients that's in it you would think it would be good for your hair.

I hate to waste the stuff, perhaps I can mix it with some oil to help it out.... I just threw it in the back of the PJ grave yard.

Can I use it to soften the heels of my feet :scratchch I may need to repurpose that stuff.

LynnieB

Has anyone used their products before? They have an Avocado Product that looks like its very beneficial for the hair. I just bought some Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Shampoo and Conditioner :drunk:. I went to a Trichologist last weekend b/c my hair is thin in the scalp area :perplexed and the dr. suggested that I try shampoos that are Sodium Lauryl/Laureth Sulfate Free as they are irritants. I had no idea that ingredient was so harsh to our skin :wallbash:. I might completely switch over to all natural products gradually. In the meantime I just wanted some suggestions and thoughts about their products :prettyplease:.

Try this one if you don't mind trying shampoo bars:

http://www.amazon.com/Burts-Bees-Baby-Shampoo-3-5-Ounce/dp/B000NURO38

Great lather, mild and has never left my hair feeling stripped.

MissMusic

I have used the Avocado treatment and found that my hair loved it. How did you guys use it? Maybe the answer lies in usage or its the age old addage that different things work differently for people.