But What About ____?: Atheist & Christian -friendly Sermons Intelligently Discussing Objections

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Linked below is one of the best sermons I've heard in my 40+ years.

http://www.thehills.org/sermons/latest-messages/8---but-what-about-hypocrites/270/

The entire sermon series is entitled, "But What About . . .", and the series intellectually, honestly, humbly, genuinely, NON-ARROGANTLY addresses the questions that ANY person (atheist, agnostic, CHRISTIAN) would have about the logic of following the christian faith.

The sermons go beyond just TALK from "christians" saying more of the same. The speakers "go there." The speakers are VERY up front about limitations, etc. The sermons are intellectually honest.

Thought I'd share. Message 8 is MORE than worth anyone's time, in my humble opinion! :smile:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi!

@Sweetg and @momi, I look forward to your feedback! It'll let me know whether I just found sermon #8 to be very helpful because I'm me. LOL! I don't want to share what isn't generally helpful, ya know? :smile:

Take care! :kiss:

SpiritJunkie

Hi there, I loved it. Gave me alot of thought on the journey I'm on right now. I'm getting baptized this coming Sunday and a few people I told got all defensive. Was weird. They, not me, had this perception that I am acting like i am holier than thou or stating religion divides black people etc etc.... I didn't say anything much but I am getting baptized.
I felt these outburst has more to do with their personal issues than with what I'm doing.

That being said...this discussion comes right on time!! He made it clear-er on what being a Christian means...even though you have QUESTIONS...

I like his reasoning.

Last edited:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Hi there, I loved it. Gave me alot of thought on the journey I'm on right now. I'm getting baptized this coming Sunday and a few people I told got all defensive. Was weird. They, not me, had this perception that I am acting like i am holier than thou or stating religion divides black people etc etc.... I didn't say anything much but I am getting baptized.
I felt these outburst has more to do with their personal issues than with what I'm doing.

That being said...this discussion comes right on time!! He made it clear-er on what being a Christian even though you have QUESTIONS...

I like his reasoning.

I'm so excited for your baptism, so glad the sermon was helpful, and so IMPRESSED with your stance. I was really weak when it came to outside pressures from family. It took a very long time for me to be able to be my own person/adult. Good on you. :smile:

And, yes!: I looooooove that he validated being a christian even with questions!

This series strengthened my spirituality and faith immensely.