Butt Length Hair Means Thin Ends

Edie

For you girls that have reached waist length and are heading for butt length, let me warn you. You ends will definitely take a beating. I cut off my thin ends and am happy with just above butt length. For those of you have achieved butt length before how did you keep your ends healthy. I mean I have a hard enough time to remember to clip my hair up when putting my belt on at waist length. Do you keep your hair up all the time or what?

kombov_dymond

Edie said:
For you girls that have reached waist length and are heading for butt length, let me warn you. You ends will definitely take a beating. I cut off my thin ends and am happy with just above butt length. For those of you have achieved butt length before how did you keep your ends healthy. I mean I have a hard enough time to remember to clip my hair up when putting my belt on at waist length. Do you keep your hair up all the time or what?

Hi Edie:

Check out Sherry Love's album. She's retaining her ends with the baggie method. They are thick as ever!

KD

Edie

tryn2growmyhair said:
What type hair (1.,2,3,4 etc.) do you have and how did you grow your hair so long? Congratulations on having such long hair.

It took me three years to grow my hair to butt length. I started at shoulder. I usually grow 1 to 1.5 inches per month but some months especially lately I have been getting about 1.75 to 2 inches. I have started on a lot of powdered minerals, coral calcium, cod liver oil, etc. I have also been eating only organic meats (grass fed beef, grain feed chicken, organicly grown vegetables also). My husband pointed out to me that while I was taking a lot supplements, I was not eating right and not exercising the way I should. So I found a good supplier of some very good products (vitamins and minerals) and started eating more real food. There is a company called cocoon nutrition that sells all kinds of supplements for a well body. The owner of the company Stephen Hauer said that the food that we usually buy in the supermarket is not really food (in that it supplies you with all the nutrients that your body needs). The meat is so full of chemical, hormones and other things, that your body does not get the optimum amount of nutrients that it should. He also turned me onto raw milk. Raw milk is milk that is not pasteurized (it's safe though). Pasteurization takes a lot of the good nutrients out of milk that are passed on from the cows that give it. The raw milk is so creamy and good tasting. You will not believe it till you try it. I went to Whole Foods market to get my organic meats and vegetables and have to go to a dairy farm to get the raw milk (it is not legal to sell raw milk in some states). What you do is buy a share of a cow. That's right a share. The share is usually $75.00 per person. That gets you 5 gallons of raw milk a month, plus the jars that you bring it home in. You also have to pay a boarding fee of $14.00 a month for the cow. This one cow is divided up into 5 shares, I think, and four other people besides yourself get the milk from the cow and you each pay for the share and broading fees for the cow. They take care of the cow and make sure that all vet care is provided by them (at no cost to you). The cows are only grass fed.

Now if you go this route to eat more organic food and also to do the raw milk route, I have to warn you that your grocery bill will go up about $200 per month. You can do like I do and buy mostly the organic meats (that's the real killer of our health) from places like whole foods market and only buy organically grown vegetables for salads like carrots (these are fantastic), lettuce, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. from an open air market if you have them in your area. The vegetables there are a little less expensive that whole food market and they are always fresh.

Right now my vitamins and supplements that I get from Cocoon nutrion run about $150.00 per month, but they do exactly what they say they will do. They have a product called Coral Calcium that I absolutely love. It has gotten my body's PH level to normal levels. My energy and sense of well being is fantastic. Go to the web site: http://www.cocoonnutrition.org

Read the testimonial page. I tried some of the products that other people gave testimonies on and this is the first brand that does what it is suppose to do. You can even get a phone consultation by the owner for 20 dollars for ten minutes. Just state to him the health concerns you have and he will recommend products for you to use. And as I said they do work.

Last edited:

Edie

kombov_dymond said:
Hi Edie:

Check out Sherry Love's album. She's retaining her ends with the baggie method. They are thick as ever!

KD

I believe my thin ends came from me sitting on them and getting them caught in my belt on the time.

SherryLove

Hey Edie...

I too know about the benefits of consuming organic foods. My diet is 85% organic as well.

I maintain and preserve my ends by oiling them and wearing protective styles on a daily basis...and I plan to do this as my hair continues to grow.... I no longer do the baggie method...the longer your hair is, the older the ends are; so it's probably best to keep your ends moisturized and covered with protective styles.....in order to preserve them.....

take care...

Allandra

Edie said:
I haven't experienced thin ends, and my hair is just past waist length (until I get my next trim :) ). I wear my hair in protective styles 99% of the time. So my ends are protected a majority of the time. This works well for me.

ChasingBliss

Edie said:
It took me three years to grow my hair to butt length. I started at shoulder. I usually grow 1 to 1.5 inches per month but some months especially lately I have been getting about 1.75 to 2 inches. I have started on a lot of powdered minerals, coral calcium, cod liver oil, etc. I have also been eating only organic meats (grass fed beef, grain feed chicken, organicly grown vegetables also). My husband pointed out to me that while I was taking a lot supplements, I was not eating right and not exercising the way I should. So I found a good supplier of some very good products (vitamins and minerals) and started eating more real food. There is a company called cocoon nutrition that sells all kinds of supplements for a well body. The owner of the company Stephen Hauer said that the food that we usually buy in the supermarket is not really food (in that it supplies you with all the nutrients that your body needs). The meat is so full of chemical, hormones and other things, that your body does not get the optimum amount of nutrients that it should. He also turned me onto raw milk. Raw milk is milk that is not pasteurized (it's safe though). Pasteurization takes a lot of the good nutrients out of milk that are passed on from the cows that give it. The raw milk is so creamy and good tasting. You will not believe it till you try it. I went to Whole Foods market to get my organic meats and vegetables and have to go to a dairy farm to get the raw milk (it is not legal to sell raw milk in some states). What you do is buy a share of a cow. That's right a share. The share is usually $75.00 per person. That gets you 5 gallons of raw milk a month, plus the jars that you bring it home in. You also have to pay a boarding fee of $14.00 a month for the cow. This one cow is divided up into 5 shares, I think, and four other people besides yourself get the milk from the cow and you each pay for the share and broading fees for the cow. They take care of the cow and make sure that all vet care is provided by them (at no cost to you). The cows are only grass fed.

Now if you go this route to eat more organic food and also to do the raw milk route, I have to warn you that your grocery bill will go up about $200 per month. You can do like I do and buy mostly the organic meats (that's the real killer of our health) from places like whole foods market and only buy organically grown vegetables for salads like carrots (these are fantastic), lettuce, broccoli, tomatoes, cucumbers, etc. from an open air market if you have them in your area. The vegetables there are a little less expensive that whole food market and they are always fresh.

Right now my vitamins and supplements that I get from Cocoon nutrion run about $150.00 per month, but they do exactly what they say they will do. They have a product called Coral Calcium that I absolutely love. It has gotten my body's PH level to normal levels. My energy and sense of well being is fantastic. Go to the web site: http://www.cocoonnutrition.org

Read the testimonial page. I tried some of the products that other people gave testimonies on and this is the first brand that does what it is suppose to do. You can even get a phone consultation by the owner for 20 dollars for ten minutes. Just state to him the health concerns you have and he will recommend products for you to use. And as I said they do work.
Edie, Edie Edie, Boy did I need to read this post today.....Thanks girl. Ive been enlightened. This is truly valuable information to me...I could hug you right now, lol.

hotshot

Hey Edie, I was wondering what happened to you. Werent you using the Ego Boost?How did that turn out?

Edie

HoneyLemonDrop said:
Edie, Edie Edie, Boy did I need to read this post today.....Thanks girl. Ive been enlightened. This is truly valuable information to me...I could hug you right now, lol.

You are welcome girl. At first I got a lot of flack from my friends about spending all that extra money on vitamins and organic food, but once they started seeing the effects, they started asking questions and are now buying them too. But girl I have got to tell you my eyes almost popped out when I saw the price of a range fed chicken ($12.88) for a 4lb chicken. But I just eat smaller portions as far as the meat is concerned. I don't know why, it's like I am more satisifed with smaller portions that I was before eating regular meat. Last night I ate 2 two inch beef meatballs and a salad of organic vegetables (lettuce, carrots, spinach) and a orange for dessert and I was satisfied for the night. I eat a lot of fresh organic vegetables (carrots, broccoli, yams) as snacks. They taste sweeter than the store bought ones.

Edie

hotshot said:
Hey Edie, I was wondering what happened to you. Werent you using the Ego Boost?How did that turn out?

I still use it weekly. But just on the ends. I started using more oils and the Ego Boost started flaking, but it is still a good product to use lightly. I love the Phyto 7. I am using that and oil on my ends now. It seems to respond well to that combo.

Boadicea

Edie said:
My hair was really thick all over (no tapering when braided) and my hair was kept in cornrows (braided to hang down) and sometimes a twisted/braided bun. My hair was moisturized with African Pride Magic(al) Grow. It was used on my scalp as well as my hair. My hair was natural back then, same type like now, 3B/C.

ChasingBliss

Edie said:
You are welcome girl. At first I got a lot of flack from my friends about spending all that extra money on vitamins and organic food, but once they started seeing the effects, they started asking questions and are now buying them too. But girl I have got to tell you my eyes almost popped out when I saw the price of a range fed chicken ($12.88) for a 4lb chicken. But I just eat smaller portions as far as the meat is concerned. I don't know why, it's like I am more satisifed with smaller portions that I was before eating regular meat. Last night I ate 2 two inch beef meatballs and a salad of organic vegetables (lettuce, carrots, spinach) and a orange for dessert and I was satisfied for the night. I eat a lot of fresh organic vegetables (carrots, broccoli, yams) as snacks. They taste sweeter than the store bought ones.
I will definitely work to achieve a lifestyle like this...My mom is like you, she does much of the things you do...This woman is 61 years old and NO ONE believes it. She's vibrant, quite healthy and moves like lightening. Just recently Ive been thinking I need to get on the ball myself. I struggle with sugar but I am reaching a point in where I am trying to make HUGE, life improving changes and total dietary improvement is first on my list...(ooops, didnt mean to go off topic though, lol)

Last edited:

Honi

There is no board.
Hmmm...is some thinning to be expected considering that your ends are a couple of years old or older?????

I think the baggie method is a great way to protect them and keep them moisturized.

Unlvly (I think i spelled her name right) has below waist lenth hair and her ends look really thick.

Edie

Honi said:
Hmmm...is some thinning to be expected considering that your ends are a couple of years old or older?????

I think the baggie method is a great way to protect them and keep them moisturized.

Unlvly (I think i spelled her name right) has below waist lenth hair and her ends look really thick.

As I said, I think the thin ends came from me sitting on them, getting them caught in my belt, etc. I never had a problem with keeping them moisturized.

cutebajangirl

My mom eats all organic and I eat about 50% and yes the food is much tastier and you're easily satisfied with less. I'm not there yet so I can't offer any suggestions regarding ends except to ask unlvgirl what she does because her ends look great at that length.

skegeesmb

Honi said:

Honi, where did you get your dryer from? I think I'm going to have to upgrade to one of those. Where they expensive? Did you order online? I think Webby ordered this one. I think if my dryer I bought doesn't come, I'm going to get a refund and put that money towards one of those!

kombov_dymond

Edie said:
As I said, I think the thin ends came from me sitting on them, getting them caught in my belt, etc. I never had a problem with keeping them moisturized.

Ok, there are ALL kinds of accessories. Why didn't you just pin your hair up with some sticks or something?

Isis

Thanks for sharing this info Edie - very interesting about the cows and raw milk! I eat mostly organic also and it's encouraging to know this helped with your phenomenal hair growth and health.

hotshot

I would try protective styling. Other than that, I dont know. Anyhow-eating right really benefits you all over. It is expensive but quite literally, arent our lives worth it?

Edie

kombov_dymond said:
Ok, there are ALL kinds of accessories. Why didn't you just pin your hair up with some sticks or something?

I do have the clips, sticks and pins, but sometimes I would forget to use them when dressing or when sitting down, especially if I am rushing.

Cinnabuns

sassygirl125 said:
What a shame that healthy food costs 3x as much as unhealthy food. :( I bought some range fed chicken once. :lick:

Girl you are so right about that. I moved closer to wholefoods (organic groccery store) and the food there is so expensive, but it is worth it in the long run. :D

Edie

Cinnabuns said:
Girl you are so right about that. I moved closer to wholefoods (organic groccery store) and the food there is so expensive, but it is worth it in the long run. :D

Well I will continue to buy my beef, chicken, lamb there, but I refuse to buy my fish there. Can you imagine paying $14.00 a pound for flounder. I just go down to wharf and get my seafood. I also bought some of the seaweed salad that a few of the ladies said they liked. Honey, please, that stuff is stank. I know it comes from the ocean and boy does it stank. Smells just like fish. I going to chop it up real fine and just add small amounts in with my regular salad. I could never eat it by itself.

candycane

Edie said:
Well I will continue to buy my beef, chicken, lamb there, but I refuse to buy my fish there. Can you imagine paying $14.00 a pound for flounder. I just go down to wharf and get my seafood. I also bought some of the seaweed salad that a few of the ladies said they liked. Honey, please, that stuff is stank. I know it comes from the ocean and boy does it stank. Smells just like fish. I going to chop it up real fine and just add small amounts in with my regular salad. I could never eat it by itself.
Edie,

You mentioned the wharf. By chance are you located in the bay area?

candycane

Wildchild453

When I hit waist I stop
Edie said:

Wow thanks for the info

tryn2growmyhair

skegeesmb said:
Thanks I'm checking it out now!
Consider calling Pibbs directly. I bought the same dryer from them that is used at Mirror Image and, I think, Joseph's and it was for a really good price. I don't remember the price, but I can say that it was less than the cost of getting two relaxers at Joseph's :lol:! These dryers amortize out pretty well, because they pay for themselves in less than one year. My next big ticket item will be a steamer, right now that's only a dry, sigh :cry3:.