Buying from "official" sites from now on, no matter how much it costs!

so1913

I've just had a fire lit under my A$$ about bbdhair.com and that there's a big chance that it selling bootleg products!!!! I don't know how true it is or not, but based on the info shared in my album, it doesn't sound too good.

It doesn't always pay to look for a good deal, and because of what happened with Irby's Beauty Supply and BBD products, I did not call BBD to find out if this was an authentic distributor.

For now on, I'll be limiting my on-line purchases to official websites and reputable beauty supply distributors. This is crazy and I'm mad as H*LL, more so because I SHARED this info!!!

Lesson learned:

PLEASE RESEARCH WHO YOU PURCHASE YOUR PRODUCTS FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This person sold on EBAY as well, so be careful with your Ebay purchases!!!

ETA: Sounds like there is A LOT more to this story! I plan to contact bbdhair.com myself today, but a few people did speak with the guy running things. Because I did not speak to him myself, I will let the other ladies share their conversations so I don't mix anything up, but he does claim to be an authorized seller who picks up the products directly from the wharehouse, and some of the comments that were shared lead me to believe this is very much possibly true based on things I've heard and things that have happened in the past. If this turns out to be factual, it sounds like it could possibly another case of BBD throwing one of his tantrums. Hopefully this will get cleared up, so don't throw your products out yet!

Last edited:
so1913 said:
I've just had a fire lit under my A$$ about bbdhair.com and that there's a big chance that it selling bootleg products!!!! I don't know how true it is or not, but based on the info shared in my album, it doesn't sound too good.

It doesn't always pay to look for a good deal, and because of what happened with Irby's Beauty Supply and BBD products, I did not call BBD to find out if this was an authentic distributor.

For now on, I'll be limiting my on-line purchases to official websites and reputable beauty supply distributors. This is crazy and I'm mad as H*LL, more so because I SHARED this info!!!

Lesson learned:

PLEASE RESEARCH WHO YOU PURCHASE YOUR PRODUCTS FROM!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This person sold on EBAY as well, so be careful with your Ebay purchases!!!

May I ask what you ordered from them that was fake?

Oh wow....this sucks. Now that I think about it so1913 did they black out some of the info on the jar? They did on mine.

Nita81 said:
Oh wow....this sucks. Now that I think about it so1913 did they black out some of the info on the jar? They did on mine.

Yeah, but that was BBD Company info, website and phone number. I thought they did it to detour you from going to the company for re-orders. Urgh, I feel so bamboozled!

marie170 said:
May I ask what you ordered from them that was fake?

According to BBD, all of them are fake. I don't know if they are fake or just stolen (the company is located in the same city/state as BBD) but something isn't right! Dumb me!!!!

Last edited:
Nita81 said:
Hmmm did you pay thru paypal? I did..... Maybe we can dispute this.

I did! Is that possible?

ETA: Ohhh, for those that haven't received their orders.

Last edited:
Yeah lesson learned. I will order from expensive as heck BBD directly.

I knew it was too good to be true, oh well you live and you learn.

so1913 said:
I did! Is that possible?

No I'm hoping we can dispute b/c they're fake....or we didn't get our items

Girl it is not your fault, you couldn't have known.
I am glad we found this out sooner than later, I was getting ready to buy a bunch of stuff.

This is a lesson to BBD, maybe he should take some hints, if you are going to charge $45 for a product how about you have a sample size so people can try it out? How about an ingredient list? Free Shipping with purchases? Discounts when people buy more than one?

He should call these folks up and get some tips!

Sorry this happened to you so1913.

So what is the official site for BBD hair products???

ETA: Nevermind. I just saw your other thread. ;)

Last edited:
Thank you for saying this. I always believe this. Sometimes I try and get cheap but I think about this everytimeI purchase.That is def. something everyone should think about. Especially when you are spending good money, whether it is a few dollars or less.

How did you find out it was fake??

so1913 said:
What happened between the two?

Faith said:
What happened between the two?

BBD forced Irby's to stop selling his products because other competitors i.e. www.dahairdoc.com were jealous/complaining that Irby's was selling too cheap. Currently BigBadd.com and Dahairdoc.com are the only authorized online sellers and their prices are high as heck!

You can file a dispute even if you've received your order. Say it wasn't as advertised (which it wasn't since you have fake products).

Don't let those sheisty folks keep your money!!

so1913 said:
I did! Is that possible?

Alli77 said:
BBD forced Irby's to stop selling his products because other competitors i.e. www.dahairdoc.com were jealous/complaining that Irby's was selling too cheap. Currently BigBadd.com and Dahairdoc.com are the only authorized online sellers and their prices are high as heck!

I've dealt with "dahairdoc" lady and she's nutty as a fruitcake. Think LONG and HARD before dealing with her. I wrote about her in the vendors thread.

Some people on this board and another board have gotten in touch with the guy that runs bbdhair.com. I think they may post their discussion, so keep an eye out. It COULD possibly be BBD acting up yet once again :-/....who knows what the h*ll is going on, lol. I may just have to drop BBD products after all of this.

Last edited:
angelbaby said:
I've dealt with "dahairdoc" lady and she's nutty as a fruitcake. Think LONG and HARD before dealing with her. I wrote about her in the vendors thread.

This broad had raised the prices by as much as $10 and has the nerve to offer you a discount of $3? Wow!

angelbaby said:

I remember reading that CRAZY story!!!! Yeah, I would NEVER think to order from this so called "woman of God".......yeah right, not sure how Godly blatantly ripping people off is!

Alli77 said:

I still see BBD products on irbys though. Some flatiron creme and some other stuff.

Faith said:
I still see BBD products on irbys though. Some flatiron creme and some other stuff.

If you are using a link that was previously posted here to their old BBD page, it will still come up, but you will notice you cannot purchase any of the items. If you go through the main site http://www.irbysbeautysupply.com you will see there is no link to get to that page or mention of BBD products.

Hey SO1913 thanks for being so upfront about all of this.:) When you initially posted about this a week or so ago (before you found about the shady business going on) I ALMOST ordered but I had a funny feeling about it plus I kept thinking I know what products work for me, why spend this much on products I don't need? My favorite deep conditioner is the ORS Replinishing Pak and it's so easy to find in stores and to order online so I'm going to stick with that. Try not to feel too bad about it though, it's not your fault people be acting shady.

Plus, the main reason people listen to your suggestions is because your hair is so fierce, so you just gotta be careful cuz we be listening to you girl, lol we trust you and we want our hair to be pretty and healthy like yours.

hopeful said:
Hey SO1913 thanks for being so upfront about all of this.:) When you initially posted about this a week or so ago (before you found about the shady business going on) I ALMOST ordered but I had a funny feeling about it plus I kept thinking I know what products work for me, why spend this much on products I don't need? My favorite deep conditioner is the ORS Replinishing Pak and it's so easy to find in stores and to order online so I'm going to stick with that. Try not to feel too bad about it though, it's not your fault people be acting shady.

Plus, the main reason people listen to your suggestions is because your hair is so fierce, so you just gotta be careful cuz we be listening to you girl, lol we trust you and we want our hair to be pretty and healthy like yours.

Thanks. There are some new developments coming out though. It may turn out that this guy isn't as shady as BBD is making him seem based on some of the convo's people have had with him yesterday. I'm going to give him a call myself today, from what I've heard of his story, it sounds in line with the woman at Irbys when things went down. It could be BBD at it again...

SO1913, did your hair react differently to the products that they say were bootleg? if so what was the difference? Cause if BBD just wants to make sure he makes all his money then he could be lying.

so1913 said:
Thanks. There are some new developments coming out though. It may turn out that this guy isn't as shady as BBD is making him seem based on some of the convo's people have had with him yesterday. I'm going to give him a call myself today, from what I've heard of his story, it sounds in line with the woman at Irbys when things went down. It could be BBD at it again...

Oh that's good then I guess, well I'm sure you'll keep us posted.

BeautifulWideEyes said:
SO1913, did your hair react differently to the products that they say were bootleg? if so what was the difference? Cause if BBD just wants to make sure he makes all his money then he could be lying.

That's what I'm thinking now. I haven't really used the products I've gotten, but nothing about them seems different than any of the other batches I've had in the past. I can't wait for this to get cleared up.

Well that's good to know, I guess if the products are legit formulas, everyone better buy them up for cheaper price B4 BBD stops him like he stopped Irby's. Shoot, if this is the site where you could get them from 3 for $95 and free shipping, (something to that effect if I remember correctly) I'm sure BBD would be pissed. Well I hope everything works out in ya'll favor.
so1913 said:
That's what I'm thinking now. I haven't really used the products I've gotten, but nothing about them seems different than any of the other batches I've had in the past. I can't wait for this to get cleared up.

Back