Bye-bye, PJs!! I quit!

WE SHOULD HAVE A PJ SWEAR JAR!

Think about it...

Everytime you find yourself rushing to the register with a bunch of products you don't necessarily need but rather just want... you put the items away, add up what you WOULD have spent, and put the money in savings or actually buy something useful. If you buy products and feel guilty when you get home, return them and put the change in savings. If you THINK about going to Sallys just because of a sale, and you know what you would have bought, put that amount into savings... I think that is a way to gauge how much money you WOULD have wasted, and to see how much you end up saving each month. I have considered my spending since October and I have to say that I have wasted AT LEAST 400 dollars on things I didn't need (braids, hot combs, conditioners, spray... etc)

Ugh, I am so sick of looking at all my products in the rubbermaid bin(s), and the rolling cart, and the bathroom cabinet, AND those sitting on the tub. :perplexed

I am so ready to get rid of the stuff I have, and even though a lot of the stuff is GOOD and did my hair right when I used it, I think a/b how long it'll take me to use it all up, and I just want to pass out :nono:. I want to put it all on the exchange board, but I don't want anyone else to have it either :look:...But I know I don't want to buy ANYTHING else :yep:. I found what works for me (finally!) and that's that.

So...anyone ever feel like I do right now?? :rolleyes:
:lachen:Come on over,girl.It's the new PJ meeting place.:grin:

Ugh, I am so sick of looking at all my products in the rubbermaid bin(s), and the rolling cart, and the bathroom cabinet, AND those sitting on the tub. :perplexed

I am so ready to get rid of the stuff I have, and even though a lot of the stuff is GOOD and did my hair right when I used it, I think a/b how long it'll take me to use it all up, and I just want to pass out :nono:. I want to put it all on the exchange board, but I don't want anyone else to have it either :look:...But I know I don't want to buy ANYTHING else :yep:. I found what works for me (finally!) and that's that.

So...anyone ever feel like I do right now?? :rolleyes:

That's exactly what I did. I gave stuff away and got rid of some on exchange. That was a few months ago and I haven't bought anything since. I'm over it!
:look: Being a PJ is what helped me find staples though.

:lachen: I will just fill it with sneakers

:lachen::lachen:

An old quote comes to mind...[paraphrased]"It doesn't matter if your fat or old or ugly, shoes make everything right" :D

Er, or is it "It doesn't matter if you go up a size or two, shoes will always fit..."

Man, I dunno, but I saw it on "What Not to Wear" :lol:

Last edited:
:lachen::lachen:

An old quote comes to mind...[paraphrased]"It doesn't matter if your fat or old or ugly, shoes make everything right" :D

Er, or is it "It doesn't matter if you go up a size or two, shoes will always fit..."

Man, I dunno, but I saw it on "What Not to Wear" :lol:

:lachen::lachen: I take it all back....I just got back from Sallys:blush:

Oh, that's ok, Gym. You're going through it w/your hair...:ohwell: Darn that amla powder, darn it to heck!!:sad:

I swear on my mac collection that after I get it back to normal, I am gonna chill out for a long time. I bought some silk elements cholestrol. It was only 2.50 and I used to use it even more than I use the pantene mask. I think it is about time to bring it back into the rotation.

Congrats! I had to do it when I first started my hair journey. I had to get rid of all the shampoos, conditioners, oil moisturizers, grease, brushes, and combs that weren't good for my hair. I looked at all the junk I had to throw away and I said (like a true cheap-skate) "look at all this money I'm throwing in the garbage." And with a grimace I heaped it into the garbage bin. I never looked back :grin:.

I swear on my mac collection that after I get it back to normal, I am gonna chill out for a long time. I bought some silk elements cholestrol. It was only 2.50 and I used to use it even more than I use the pantene mask. I think it is about time to bring it back into the rotation.

:eek: :shhh:
Whoa! Whoa! Let's not be hasty, my dear!!! Those are some STRONG words!!

That is what I did for 2007, and my hair made so much progress. I think that I bought/tried one new product this year and it was a waste of money :ohwell:

I made a list of all the things I bought the other day. All I could see was my $$$ on that list so I'm only sticking to staple purchases for 2008. I'm running out of space too.

I wish I could say good-bye to my pj-ism but it's getting harder as new products are coming out. I guess I'm still trying to find what works for me. However congradulations, I know that it was a struggle trying to find what is right for you and your hair type, hopefully my struggle will be over soon. :)

Girl. I understand. I can honestly say, I stopped buying products, because I am going to use everything I own up. I stopped about 6/8 months ago. It is working out very well. I have a closet full of stuff. Stuff I forgot I had.

I often find myself sitting there staring at all of the products I have, and then I tell myself I'm going to start giving a lot of it away. But then I force myself to suck it up and use it. I paid all that money for it, so I'm going to put it to use. That will teach me to stop jumping on so many bandwagons and buying up every product I see. I have to admit that I've calmed down quite a bit though. I'm nowhere as bad as I used to be. But I applaud you for trying to curb that PJ'ism. It's a tough thing to do, isn't it?!

Ok, this is me right now. Sitting on the floor, sorting things out...But I just CAN'T do it. Ugh! This is so frustrating :wallbash: I go to the exchange board, like, "Yeah, I'm gonna do!" But then I think, "what if I need that so-and-so and I don't have it?! :ohwell:

I need help y'all. A PJ rehab sponsor or something. Gah! This is so hard :perplexed...

Back