Calling all 4a/4b Ladies

nelli711

I wash and deep condition my hair every 3-4 days. I can't go any longer than that because my scalp starts to itch.

luvmesumhair

asubeauty said:
Right now I wash once a week, but I think my hair would benefit more if I increased it to 2 or 3 times.

I'm kind of hesistant to wash in the middle of the week because I usually rollerset when I wash, I don't have time to roll and dry my hair during the weekdays. I tried to do airdried rollersets, but for some reason mine won't dry within 10 to 13 hours (not even close) :ohwell:

Have you thought about doing braid outs or twist outs during the week? That may help instead of sitting under that dryer so long during the week. Believe me, I understand how you feel.

Angelicus

I only shampoo when I want my hair straight so that's once in a blue moon, or maybe once a month. Now that it's summertimeI also use shampoo after swimming, about 1x a week.

R

Reslnt1

Can i also get a PM with your regimen....please please please:)

candiel said:
I wash my hair once a week.....sometimes twice. I usually can't go longer than 6 days without washing because my scalp gets itchy and my hair feels weighed down. If I wash twice a week though, I usually only Cowash on the second time. My hair feels dry if I use shampoo twice a week:ohwell:.

Valerie

I wash my hair once a week and rinse my hair with a mixture of conditoner, rose water and glycerine, every morning.

I cowash almost daily. I shampoo my hair weekly. I've been doing it since November 2006 and I love it. I find that my new growth and relaxed hair is always soft and healthy looking.

SleekandBouncy

How often do you wash your hair in a week?
Once a week at a Dominican salon. However starting next week 2x a month I'd like to wash an additional day in the week, doing a con wash and maybe a twist out.

Do you see better results if you wash it often or better results if you wash When I did try washing more often I didn't notice any real change, though the detangling process resulted in more shedding and stuff. I don't think I'll do the wash every day or every other day thing.

shunta

scarcity21 said:
gawgeous hair.....i WANNA know too!!!:D

I saw Candiel's regimen in her fotki cuz you best believe I had to know!:lol:

Okay, I wash twice weekly with diluted shampoo. This keeps my hair looking full and not too weighed down.

scarcity21

Thanks a bunch!!!:D
shunta said:
I saw Candiel's regimen in her fotki cuz you best believe I had to know!:lol:

Okay, I wash twice weekly with diluted shampoo. This keeps my hair looking full and not too weighed down.

CoCoEspresso

luvmesumhair said:
How often do you wash your hair in a week? I shampoo once a week and I cowash once a week. That evens out to about 3-4 days between washings.
Do you see better results if you wash it often or better results if you wash less?
This is tricky. From December to April, I only shampooed my hair about every 5-7 days, and it was enough. Oddly enough, I don't know if it was the warm weather or my relaxer that caused it, but my hair was incredibly dry which dictated more moisture, and thus I began to cowash. I have been doing it for about 6 weeks now and my hair is thriving. I forgot to mention that I DC on dry hair everytime. On poo days, I do a CWC. I DC, rinse, poo and use my cheapie conditioner for instant moisture and detangling. I have not tried washing it less often, but I know that my hair can begin to get weighed down if I go too long without washing. Now that frequent washing has become integrated into my routine, I could only imagine that drastically deviating could have hazardous effects on my hair and that is not worth finding out. For me, my leave-ins do the real job of moisturizing my hair; I do use a daily moisturizer, but without my leave-ins my hair would be dry. For this reason, I must wash more often.

I wash every three days and deep con every time. So far I am noticing my hair becoming softer afterwards, meaning my new growth as well. I am almost halfway into my 16-week stretch and it has been a breeze so far. My new growth is softer and much more able to retain moisture, compared to before, when I washed less frequently.

Sorry so long... I just wanted to be clear. :)

luvmesumhair

4N6_Gyrl said:
2x a week

Do you see better results if you wash it often or better results if you wash less?
My hair has improved washing it more than once a week.

I wash every three days and deep con every time. So far I am noticing my hair becoming softer afterwards, meaning my new growth as well.
Congrats!!!

Oh and I am not talking about just co-washing either. I am talking about regular shampoo and conditioner afterwards. But if you INCLUDE shampooing AFTER you co-wash then it still counts
My co-wash consits of a shampoo & a leave in conditioner: if I sweat: I wanna clean my hair: i feel dirty if I just use a conditioner

What do you mean, you put a wash and leave in con in your hair together and wash it that way instead of separately?

mspm

To the ladies that wash every few days - I've been diagnosed with lupus and my hair sheds a lot! Do you think that all the extra manipulation would be worth the softness that I'd have? It seems that I already lose so much hair on wash hair. Thanks and God bless!

luvmesumhair

mspm said:
To the ladies that wash every few days - I've been diagnosed with lupus and my hair sheds a lot! Do you think that all the extra manipulation would be worth the softness that I'd have? It seems that I already lose so much hair on wash hair. Thanks and God bless!

I am not sure. How exactly are you caring for your hair? What do you put in it and how do you wear it daily?

mspm

I used to wear a phony pony but I started to notice breakage so I've been wearing a braidout for the last few months. I wash weekly with CON green. I condition with Aubrey's GBP or HSR. Daily, I moisturize with S-Curl and seal with Castor oil.

cmw45

mspm said:

Good bless you. :)

Barbara

Princess
I visit the salon every two weeks--that's all that's needed.

For my type of hair, 4a/b is the most fragile hair of any race. Less manipulation is better, and on wash day I lose more hair on this day than what I would normally lose between salon visits.

I know some who just get their hair done once a month, and their hair is thriving.

caribeandiva

Human being
vivacious1083 said:
I am the exact same way. I'm a 4a and I wash my hair every Thursday and Sunday and I deep condition every time alternating between a reconstructor and a deep moisturizing one. I've been doing this for a year and my hair has responded beautifully: soft, has some shine,moisture & strength balance, I will keep doing it b/c it works for me.

wow.. get out of my head! we have the same washing days! I agree with everything except i use a reconstructor once a month instead. i can't go longer than 4 days without shampooing or my scalp starts itching really bad.

caribeandiva

Human being
mspm said:

ask your doctor. If you lose so much hair already then i'd advise against it.

sylver2

----i wash every week and a half or every 2 weeks

----better washing less. low manipulation is key for me