Calling modelchick!!

moonpower

I CAN SEE, SEE THE SUN..
I LOVE your hair!!!. I'm getting ready to texturize after 10 years of being natural and wearing braids. What is your regime if you don't mind me asking??.
I know you've probably answered this before, so please forgive me.
Thanks so much in advance!!

I love her hair too! I found a statement from her about her regime in one of her threads:

model_chick717 said:
That's basically all I use--Suave Milk & Honey Shampoo and Conditioner, and for styling--Coconut oil, Elast QP Mango Butter, Loosely Defined and Fantasia IC Gel (different combinations of all these). I wet my hair everyday in the shower and either bun-it or I use to airdry--but now I diffuse with a cool blowdry. I've learned to stretch out the curls and show more length by using the blowdrier. I CW most days--actually shampoo like once every two days....

I also wanted to add this info to it. I pm'd her a while back asking her about how she texturized her hair and this is what she said, "I texturize in two sections, front half and back half...and once applied, I leave it on for like 10 minutes. I retouch my hair about every 12-16 weeks, just depending on what my hair is doing". Oh and she uses Elasta QP relaxer in regular strength, at least she did when I pm'd her.

Oooo... one more question model chick. When you apply the relaxer to texturize, do you use a comb to comb it or do you just smooth it on.

and if you do comb it, what size comb do you use.

THANKS!!!

I'm here! I missed this thread--sorry ladies....Well, most of my regimen has been posted. When I apply--I use a fine tooth comb to smooth it. After I apply it to the whole section (front or back) I go through and smooth ONCE with the fine tooth comb--let it sit for like 5 minutes and then rinse/wash out...

Back